Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fiamma Carry-Bike VW T6

Johnny3555

Johnny3555

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
My last problem was resolved by Charles Camping in Blessington who exchanged the T5 rack for a T6. I’ve fitted it now and it’s much better. One problem remains with the short bracket they attached to the bike. The bracket supplied has a horizontal tie strap and the installation guide indicates a vertical one. There is no way of swiveling it. Ive asked Charles Camping and they say it swivels but I cannot manage to move it!

54189245-6EB0-4A92-A9C3-DCA5CE94F2C8.jpeg

Are you sure its just not tight? We have a tow bar mounted one and the brackets can be both vertical and horizontal, in fact any angle it just swivels.

Ps you need to update your profile :thumb

Are you sure its just not tight? We have a tow bar mounted one and the brackets can be both vertical and horizontal, in fact any angle it just swivels.

Ps you need to update your profile :thumb
Thanks and I’ve removed it and really examined it. It would appear that the aluminum shaft is crimped and secured to the larger part. No way of rotating it! Thanks for reminding me - I’ll update my profile

7C780947-1FF0-4EBA-A7B3-7763962C9619.jpeg

EFDBA0E6-EE78-45C8-B5E8-603987D2423B.jpeg

I suspect it has been made incorrectly and no-one noticed - a bit like the sailing dinghies that were shipped out of the Laser factory near Banbury with all the cleats bolted the wrong way round because no-one building them actually sailed and therefore couldn’t see something that was glaringly obvious....

Thanks for this - Charles Camping have a replacement one that swivels so I’m going to exchange it.

Back