Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fiamma F45s Awning stolen in Dublin

danielsky

danielsky

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hi All, I got my awning stolen from my T4 previous night. It was ripped of the side of the roof as you can see per the attached images. The scumbags didn't managed to do it properly and they left some scratches on the van.

So, if you come across any second hand ad for such a awning please let me know, whether in Ireland or in UK and keep your vans safe!

Photo 02-07-2020, 20 55 20.jpg

the awning is Fiamma F45s and this is the image before
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-02 at 21.12.18.jpeg

:rage Thieving bar-stewards! Seems nothing is sacred...

Great looking van though! Loving the colour :thumb

That’s awful. Do you know how long it was? I think the Exclusives have a longer awning than standard. You see some with standard length awnings and they look odd. I’ll sure someone will tell you the right length here or a specific question in a new post will get answered. I know longer have my photos of my old exclusive, else I’d look it up for you.

That’s awful. Do you know how long it was? I think the Exclusives have a longer awning than standard. You see some with standard length awnings and they look odd. I’ll sure someone will tell you the right length here or a specific question in a new post will get answered. I know longer have my photos of my old exclusive, else I’d look it up for you.
Thanks @2into1 it is pretty upsetting experience. I thought it was standard length so thanks for bringing that up. I don't have the original documentation for that awning as the van did not came with one. I'll have a look but if it's not a problem for you and if you know where to look I'd appreciate your help :)

Good afternoon,

that is terrible. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Where was the van parked when this happened? Are you from Dublin? I thought they would steel the spare wheel or maybe the bike rack (as in other posts mentioned), but not the awning.

I am live in the country and the van is parked on the drive way, well away from the quite country road. Here I believe the van is halfway save. But I am always nervous on day trips to leave the van somewhere on a quite car park in the woods or fields.

Best of luck, I hope the Gards will find the culprit.

Regards,
Eberhard

That’s
Hi All, I got my awning stolen from my T4 previous night. It was ripped of the side of the roof as you can see per the attached images. The scumbags didn't managed to do it properly and they left some scratches on the van.

So, if you come across any second hand ad for such a awning please let me know, whether in Ireland or in UK and keep your vans safe!

View attachment 62094
OTE="danielsky, post: 435723, member: 22630"]
Thats appalling, total scumbags with no respect for anyone, so sorry you’ve had such a horrible experience.

View attachment 62094
[/QUOTE]

I measured the length where the awning was so it is the 3m long one. Just wondering if the brackets they came with are standard and would fit or whether I need to have some custom ones. I need to google that

I measured the length where the awning was so it is the 3m long one. Just wondering if the brackets they came with are standard and would fit or whether I need to have some custom ones. I need to google that

Call these Guys, they are very helpful:

Good afternoon,

that is terrible. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Where was the van parked when this happened? Are you from Dublin? I thought they would steel the spare wheel or maybe the bike rack (as in other posts mentioned), but not the awning.

I am live in the country and the van is parked on the drive way, well away from the quite country road. Here I believe the van is halfway save. But I am always nervous on day trips to leave the van somewhere on a quite car park in the woods or fields.

Best of luck, I hope the Gards will find the culprit.

Regards,
Eberhard
I would never expect to have it stolen. As you said, the bike rack would seems like a more appealing item and easier to steal.. but well..
The van was parked on the street parking but in quite neighbourhood (rathgar) and I always parked it there and nothing ever happened. It's just beside the house and well lid during the night.

Gards were notified and there are some cctv's in the area so maybe some have spot sth out of ordinary.

Fingers crossed!

Back