Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fifth seat

gleneagles

gleneagles

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
I am looking for a fifth seat for a 2012 California....in Crete/Anthracite

They're like hens teeth, but do come up on ebay occasionally though.
I assume you already hev the 3 rails in your Cali ?
Good luck in your search.

Doesn't help the OP but it beats me why people sell their 5th seats. If it comes with the van, keep it with the van.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stu said:
Doesn't help the OP but it beats me why people sell their 5th seats. If it comes with the van, keep it with the van.

Well as one of those who sold the one that came with the van I can tell you why I sold it. I am single & am very unlikely to ever need it. It is a big lump to store in my cluttered up garage. Sold for £600 which went towards paying for something more useful, my RNS510 !

OK, I see that but do you not think it de-values the van at all?

VW should just build them with the extra rail, I am guessing that this interrupts the build process in some way????

I don't know how, the Beach comes with the extra rails no matter what version but you're still left having to fork out for the seats if you want them unless you bought a van with them or specified them from factory.

In a way that's almost worse, because you are always tempted if like me, you don't have them. From a Beach perspective I would say they will add value to the van, particularly if you have the three seat version where you can two additional seats.

James

Stu said:
OK, I see that but do you not think it de-values the van at all?

May well do Stu, but I'm not in a rush to sell it !!

Speak to Dave at Vanworx. He may well be able to locate a 5th seat for you, he imports containers full of various VW seats all the time :thumb

Isn't the seat the same as you find in caravelle vans? If so, then ring around the various converters such as new wave custom conversions, since I know they often get customers converting their caravelle into a proper camper.. And then have caravelle interiors to sell off or reuse on other projects.

Worth a try.