Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Filling the fresh water tank on a campsite?

Not this time of year. The greasy sludge solidifies under your own van so when you move off everyone knows it was you. Even cleaning teeth leaves tell-tale signs of frozen colgate.
Yes I hadn't thought of that but we are generally wimps so wouldn't be out in the frost. :Grin (dazzling brushed teeth)

Not sure whether Quezac bottled water is available in UK, but their bottle just fits in the Cali tank filler & allows clean water to be poured in from, say, a folding jerrycan.
I messed about with suspended jerrycans & hoses etc until I discovered this on the French Cali site:
Collectif T5 California • Afficher le sujet - Quelques trucs !!

ivEwUh.jpg

Last edited:
I have one to sell,

Got fed up with wet feet as it poured itself all over me whilst I fiddled around trying to attach it to the awning rail :eek:
You could try closing the tap before you hang it up. A world of difference.

I bought a funnel with a bendy tube on the bottom. That and a couple of water bottles does the job, and avoids the risk of stinky hosepipes!

I use to fill up from rivers a portable 10litre water bag with a filter.Hang the bag of one of Comfortz screw things (used on the rail for the topper) then connect water bag to 02 tubing or IV line will work and let it fill.No water spillage gives time for the water to filter.
Alternate on camp site I fill the solar shower then hang of the said screwy thing and put the hose into the tank without the shower head on of course!That fills up a lot quicker but of course has no filter.
Ive used the collapsable plastic carriers but find after a year or so they develop hols and tears,I prefer the Ortlibe range.Packs away small and really hard to damage.

Not sure whether Quezac bottled water is available in UK, but their bottle just fits in the Cali tank filler & allows clean water to be poured in from, say, a folding jerrycan.
I messed about with suspended jerrycans & hoses etc until I discovered this on the French Cali site:
Collectif T5 California • Afficher le sujet - Quelques trucs !!

quezac_zpsnsymw5nx.jpg

We also use this method when a hosepipe won't go straight into the filler. It's also a handy way of adding water purifier. Just pour the measure of purifier into the bottle and it is carried into the water tank with the water as you fill

Not sure if this has been asked before but does the fresh water system have a inline water filter hidden somewhere or has anyone put one in?

Not sure if this has been asked before but does the fresh water system have a inline water filter hidden somewhere or has anyone put one in?
No not that I'm aware of.

Sent from my SM-G900F

I do it this way, saves going to the water point and saves having to carry a porta potti

man-peeing-into-gas-tank.jpg

We just use 2 x 1.5 litre water bottles they double up for drinking and driving, the also fit nicely into the front doors storage.

John