Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Finally embarking on the great journey (hopefully)...

• Thread starter TallManwithGlasses
  • Start date
TallManwithGlasses

TallManwithGlasses

Tall Man with Glasses
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Aloha,

After spending several years dreaming of owning a camper van, the pandemic with all its uncertainties and scariness has finally convinced me that the present is all we have. And what better way to enjoy it than escaping in your van, staring at a beautiful view.

I can't afford much, so early 2000's are what I'm looking for. Just waiting for the right one to come along :)

:welcomeWelcome and good luck with the search. Lots of advice available here.

Aloha,

After spending several years dreaming of owning a camper van, the pandemic with all its uncertainties and scariness has finally convinced me that the present is all we have. And what better way to enjoy it than escaping in your van, staring at a beautiful view.

I can't afford much, so early 2000's are what I'm looking for. Just waiting for the right one to come along :)
We bought a VW T4 (professional conversion done in 2008) for £8,500 (Jan 2021). Few bits to get sorted still, rust is an issue on these older vans so be aware. Personally, I'd look for a T4 Westfalia California (can find them for c. £12k). The layout and quality of materials is much better, and they've usually been well looked after given that they were campervans from birth!

We love ours, it's great to drive, but a factory conversion is always more refined. My plan is to use this for the next couple of years and hopefully upgrade to a T5 (2011/12) California. They're expensive but make more financial sense to me than leasing a car.