Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Finally joined the club..

Good taste. Same as mine :)
Hoping that mine is on the Malacca Highway currently moored at Emden. If so, I should have it within a couple of weeks.
It’s such a great colour, changes in different lit places. Sometimes looks a dark bronze, outside in sunlight looks just damn fantastic. There’s a reason VW chose it as the featured colour.

Hi all, after saving for what seemed like an eternity and viewing numerous Cali‘s, we have finally taken the plunge. My original intention was a low mileage 2018/2019 ocean, but post lockdown, the market exploded and so did the price. At that point, and with the price gap significantly closed, it made more sense to look towards the 6.1 and was lucky enough to come across a beautiful low mileage copper and candy white Ocean (199) and so far, I could not be happier. She’s a dream to own and drive and we had her first outing to the Llyn Peninsula a couple of weeks ago and are both now truly hooked and already planning our next trips away! Have been following this site for quite a while, however have only just registered and really looking forward to contributing, learning from others experience and getting to know people!
View attachment 68453View attachment 68455View attachment 68454
Beautiful. Perfect colour!

Hi all, after saving for what seemed like an eternity and viewing numerous Cali‘s, we have finally taken the plunge. My original intention was a low mileage 2018/2019 ocean, but post lockdown, the market exploded and so did the price. At that point, and with the price gap significantly closed, it made more sense to look towards the 6.1 and was lucky enough to come across a beautiful low mileage copper and candy white Ocean (199) and so far, I could not be happier. She’s a dream to own and drive and we had her first outing to the Llyn Peninsula a couple of weeks ago and are both now truly hooked and already planning our next trips away! Have been following this site for quite a while, however have only just registered and really looking forward to contributing, learning from others experience and getting to know people!

20201011_132935.jpg

Welcome here and great all went well with this wonderful Ocean! Autumn is perfect to start "Cali-ing"! Enjoy and happy camping!

Welcome Steve, nice Cali :welcome

Yes, very lucky - ex demonstrator from VW Liverpool.
Lovely Cali we sat in your van (vw Liverpool) it totally convinced us to go all out and get one so after finding the model we wanted just can’t wait to get going on the trips we’ve planned

Lovely Cali we sat in your van (vw Liverpool) it totally convinced us to go all out and get one so after finding the model we wanted just can’t wait to get going on the trips we’ve planned
Yes - saw a couple there before pulling the trigger on this one.. what spec did you go for in the end?

Yes - saw a couple there before pulling the trigger on this one.. what spec did you go for in the end?
We’ve got a T6 204 4M 2018 all the bells and whistles private sale from a good guy in Gloucestershire had been looking for some time but every time we rang up to have a look at one we got sorry it’s gone so now we have what we’ve been dreaming of just can’t wait to get going ( when out of lockdown) :)

We’ve got a T6 204 4M 2018 all the bells and whistles private sale from a good guy in Gloucestershire had been looking for some time but every time we rang up to have a look at one we got sorry it’s gone so now we have what we’ve been dreaming of just can’t wait to get going ( when out of lockdown) :)
Nice.. I missed out on a beautiful 2018 4motion in July and was absolutely gutted! Enjoy!

Ahh yes, the all essential bike rack - we have a fold up Thule one (https://www.thule.com/en-gb/bike-rack/towbar-bike-racks/thule-easyfold-xt-2-_-933300) and with a couple of the plastic stops removed under it you can lay it down whilst on the van and open the tailgate no problem. We also like the ability to take it off quickly and pop it in the living area when we’re parked up as it keeps the length of the van short.

We’ve had a T6 Ocean since March 2018 and the T6.1 should be delivered roughly Mar/Apr 21, so about 3 years after our first.

We’ve loved having ours and it is just such a universal vehicle. It really can do pretty much everything and with the 199/204 engine it even has a decent turn of speed when needed too.
Do the handlebars touch the vehicle or is there ample room ? Thanks