Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First big trip... where to go?

Brian’s Dad

Brian’s Dad

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hopefully we'll have our Cali by October. If that's the case we've got about 9 days to go on our first big road trip.

We're keen to go to Norway, but I'm starting to think it's the wrong time of year. Has anyone got any suggestions for a good Autumn trip?

Thanks in advance

Book the ferry to Calais or Dunquerqe now .
Check the weatherreport the day before leaving .
Stay in France , only 9 days , don't drive to far .
Enjoy

As HC says, play it by ear based on the weather, that's the beauty of having a Cali. :)

9 days is a little shy for a Spain / Italy visit unless you don't mind putting in 2-3 long days behind the wheel.

I would probably work on the basis of a cruise down the centre of France and then turn left / right as you go down depending on the weather. If the weather is still holding in northern europe then Denmark would be top of my list, but it's very late in season to be warm there in Oct.

Book the ferry to Calais or Dunquerqe now .
Check the weatherreport the day before leaving .
Stay in France , only 9 days , don't drive to far .
Enjoy

I was thinking about getting a cheap ferry ticket early - the rest can wait

As HC says, play it by ear based on the weather, that's the beauty of having a Cali. :)

9 days is a little shy for a Spain / Italy visit unless you don't mind putting in 2-3 long days behind the wheel.

I would probably work on the basis of a cruise down the centre of France and then turn left / right as you go down depending on the weather. If the weather is still holding in northern europe then Denmark would be top of my list, but it's very late in season to be warm there in Oct.

I'd be keen to head in Denmark direction as I've never been to Scandanavia. Like you say knowing what the weather will be, heat wave or snow?

Lots to see in the uk. No need to go far to start with whilst getting used to the van. Look at the weather and go to Scotland, Wales, Northumberland or Devon/Cornwall- whichever has best weather.

https://caliventures364847572.wordpress.com/
We did the NC500 last October. It was spectacular and no need to spend money on ferries/tunnel. Mind you, some autumn sunshine somewhere far south does sound nice ….