Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First California

PC-Flyer

PC-Flyer

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi, I have been dreaming of a camper for while so have now made the decision and bought a California, will be picking up in two weeks, a T5, one year old. Looking forward to the new adventure. I like the look of this forum and thanks in advance to all who contribute. Answering questions I haven't even thought of as yet

Hi, I have been dreaming of a camper for while so have now made the decision and bought a California, will be picking up in two weeks, a T5, one year old. Looking forward to the new adventure. I like the look of this forum and thanks in advance to all who contribute. Answering questions I haven't even thought of as yet
Welcome PC-Flyer sounds good, you won't regret it!
Don't forget some pics when the big day arrives!! :thumb

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing a picture or two of your Cali. :)

Welcome. Is it a Private or Dealer sale?

If you are a VIP member then you can download the Buyers Check list from the VIP section to make sure all the bits and pieces are still there.

Welcome PC-Flyer! We're two weeks ahead of you as we just picked up our year-old T5 this afternoon! (I've posted about that in the Dealer forum, all went well but post is waiting for the mod's blessing I think).

Yes the forum is awesome :bananadance

Welcome , seems there are more like you buying a ( probally trade in T5 or last T5 in showroom) and have instant fun....
Buying new T6 can end up in loooong waiting ending up with a diffrent Cali as orderd!
Clever move by you :thumb

Welcome to the club! You will love California ownership :)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. It is a purchase from a dealer and possibly one of the last T5s. A new T6 would be more than six months away so would miss this summer. Always wanted to visit Scottish islands so very soon I will be able to.

Pictures will appear when I pick the vehicle up, it is Olympic Blue

Welcome , seems there are more like you buying a ( probally trade in T5 or last T5 in showroom) and have instant fun....
Buying new T6 can end up in loooong waiting ending up with a diffrent Cali as orderd!
Clever move by you :thumb
At least you know what you are getting then!

Welcome PC-Flyer! Have fun picking your new van up! Also look forward to some pictures! Already andy plans for trips this year?

Welcome PC-Flyer! Have fun picking your new van up! Also look forward to some pictures! Already andy plans for trips this year?
Yes, Islay & Jura, probably some weekend trips before then to get used to new lifestyle and find out what I need

Yes, Islay & Jura, probably some weekend trips before then to get used to new lifestyle and find out what I need
Sounds nice! The mistake we made on our first trip is we took far took much stuff with us and hardly used/wore any of it, but it was a right good laugh and enjoyed every minute even though the weather was poor.

Islay & Jura

We went to Islay and Jura a couple of years ago in our Cali, there are a couple of campsites on Islay but no campsites on Jura. We wild camped on Jura next to the sea.

We went to Islay and Jura a couple of years ago in our Cali, there are a couple of campsites on Islay but no campsites on Jura. We wild camped on Jura next to the sea.
Thanks Snowy55, I was thinking of wild camping on Jura, all part of th fun I guess

Sounds nice! The mistake we made on our first trip is we took far took much stuff with us and hardly used/wore any of it, but it was a right good laugh and enjoyed every minute even though the weather was poor.
Thanks, I don't want to take too much or too little so thought I would try weekends first to get used to the Cali

Well I have only been register for this Forum for a few hours but if this is an example of the sort of posts you get and the friendly welcome, it is great. If people you meet are just as friendly, fantastic.

Really looking forward to starting this new adventure. Just me and two dogs who both like travelling in the car so I am sure will love the Cali

PC-Flyer, you chose the right colour! :cool:

Snowy55, your Highlands 'n Islands trips is inspiring, as we're planning a Scottish west coast road trip in September. Meanwhile, west Wales next month, which will be our first proper trip out with our Cali.

PC-Flyer, you chose the right colour! :cool:

Snowy55, your Highlands 'n Islands trips is inspiring, as we're planning a Scottish west coast road trip in September. Meanwhile, west Wales next month, which will be our first proper trip out with our Cali.

If you see a blue Cali, please say hello

Welcome PC-Flyer! We're two weeks ahead of you as we just picked up our year-old T5 this afternoon! (I've posted about that in the Dealer forum, all went well but post is waiting for the mod's blessing I think).

Yes the forum is awesome :bananadance
Welcome Velma's Dad.
Congratulations. Happy Cali adventures.

Welcome PC-Flyer,
Congratulations on your new Cali. Can we have your first impressions please?

image.jpeg Today's the day, picked up my California this afternoon, very pleased and looking forward to the new adventure. Here's a couple of pictures, my two dogs also seem to like it. The Newf is also called Kalli

Borris, first impressions are very good. Went for drive this evening, really nice the drive on narrow roads, up hills and on main roads. Seems so well thought out about how much is packed into small space

Hello PC-Flyer,
I am glad that you are enjoying your van. They are great vehicles and as you say, so well thought out. Happy adventures.

Back from first trip overnight to the Mull of Galloway. I managed to pick the place where it was raining when everywhere else was sunny. The Cali was excellent, everything worked, I learnt a lot about the vehicle and found it to be comfortable. Yes it is a compromise over a larger size motorhome but I was able to go anywhere a car can go and that suits me fine.