Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First night away

Thruxton

Thruxton

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
AC5328BD-379A-4BC4-8547-BC253D2142B6.jpeg 09501DC6-2155-4AC2-A545-DDB35104DFDA.jpeg 8FFEE7F4-DF0A-49E3-B4C9-9C046D07B112.jpeg A906748A-FBF8-4075-A156-4E30E8B0F894.jpeg just back from first night away, what a difference a day makes. Headed down to the Camping and Caravaning site in Canterbury. Currently being looked after by a “site sitting” couple from Scotland , who were great, welcoming and very friendly, although he offered to buy the van for £8k. Walked into Canterbury and did all our Christmas shopping, so worthwhile trip. Van has now done 450 miles, and is at 23mpg, climbing all the time as we do more than local South London driving. 204 Petrol engine is very quiet and pulls the van well. Have to be a little easy pulling away, would have benefitted from being able to spec 4x4.

Despite the cold weather we were as warm as anything in the van, sleeping up top with the heater on 2 over night and with our Duvalay’s and the inner isotop. Lucky it was only one night as I hadn’t put enough water in the tank for another tea in the morning. Did porridge on the burner for breakfast. Left the site early as snow was settling.... overall a very successful trip and didn’t need the portaloo;-)

Very nice. Away in mine next week and usually sleep up top. As no inner I suspect we shall be kipping downstairs.

Well done on getting through the night, wish I could

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Very nice. Away in mine next week and usually sleep up top. As no inner I suspect we shall be kipping downstairs.

Well done on getting through the night, wish I could

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
.... did take a lack of wine / beer Mike, so did come at a cost ;-(

Looks like you had a brill time