Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First overnighter!

diny

diny

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Just had our first trip, one night away. It poured, and we got into a right tangle, getting stuff out of the back, forgetting where stuff is and so on! Can't say it was the best ever experience!
I discovered a smallish bag, and inside were 3 blinds for the windscreen and front door windows. They had no visible means of attachment, and from being forced into the tiny bag their wire frames were quite twisted out of shape. Are they meant to be stored in such a small bag? How do they fit into the windows. I can't imagine ever getting them back into the bag - it looks like a pop-up tent problem!
Also I had some problem deciding if the fridge was switched off - ok getting it on, but not quite sure if it was off after I had clicked the "off" option. Don't want a drained battery!

What Cali have you got....?
Please update the details under your avatar.

Seems to me you got the foldable / collapsable blinds for the front side windows...
They are not common on UK Cali's and i even think they are not standard in UK Cali's . I got them and love them ...they do need some practice to fold back in.
Usual UK Cali's got magnet blinds.

As for the fridge , when ON the light on the contronpanel goes amber ....when OFF the light is out...so don't see why you are having problems with it.

Our t5 had the spring out side front window blinds just unspring and hold in place in my view they are better than the ones with a magnet that came with our t6 (progress) The front one slots over the sun visor and tuck into place again I would rather have those than the pull out ones on the t6
To fold up spring ones hold one end in each hand a twist each hand in opposite direction - just foldsup

Just had our first trip, one night away. It poured, and we got into a right tangle, getting stuff out of the back, forgetting where stuff is and so on! Can't say it was the best ever experience!
I discovered a smallish bag, and inside were 3 blinds for the windscreen and front door windows. They had no visible means of attachment, and from being forced into the tiny bag their wire frames were quite twisted out of shape. Are they meant to be stored in such a small bag? How do they fit into the windows. I can't imagine ever getting them back into the bag - it looks like a pop-up tent problem!
Also I had some problem deciding if the fridge was switched off - ok getting it on, but not quite sure if it was off after I had clicked the "off" option. Don't want a drained battery!
Currently going through the 'getting used to what to do' thing myself. I think this is normal. IMO if you note the issues you have, research a solution and make changes each trip will get better organised. Its as simple as that. The forum is full of ideas, some of which, may suit you. Within a few trips you will have sorted a routine to suit your needs. You may however realise how many things you need (want) to buy in order to achieve organisation!

What Cali have you got....?
Please update the details under your avatar.

Seems to me you got the foldable / collapsable blinds for the front side windows...
They are not common on UK Cali's and i even think they are not standard in UK Cali's . I got them and love them ...they do need some practice to fold back in.
Usual UK Cali's got magnet blinds.

As for the fridge , when ON the light on the contronpanel goes amber ....when OFF the light is out...so don't see why you are having problems with it.

I think I have the foldable blinds, but prolonged storing inside the small bag appears to have warped them, as they don't fit the windows well.
And I suppose I am having a problem with the fridge on/off status because I am a beginner in a "Beginners" forum, and haven't got used to everything yet!

My T5 came with grey curtain fabric blinds held on by magnets which were hopeless.
I bought some external silver screens which are great for use if you are settled on a site. If you think that you might need to move on quickly without getting out of the van then not a good idea but plenty of internal blind options available.

The control panel buttons are really easy to quickly put the fridge and heating on and off (illuminated they are on). Temperature of both is then controlled by selecting through the control panel knob.

You will soon get used to everything and the order in which to do things.

Hope that you have better weather on your next trip. That always helps!

The new cali windscreen blinds and magnetic front door window covers are ok, but a monstrous faff, especially if you've already turned the seats round. I bought a fairly inexpensive outside thermal wrap from JustKampers which is completely fabulous and so easy to put on and off - only takes a moment and shuts out all the light.

When we got our Cali, we made up the front screen, twisted the side window screens back into shape and store them on the upstairs bed ready for use, putting them back in the bag is too much hassle...