Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First time out with our new Cali

David Worthington

David Worthington

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Been thinking about buying a VW van for years and almost on a whim bought a California Berghaus a few weeks back. Having driven it for a couple of hundred miles (as a car driver I'm just lovin' the view we have over the hedges!) eventually we did the first night out to see how it all worked and oh boy, it was seriously, seriously good! Roof up, Radio 6 music, good food, wine and that comforting tick of a Webasto heater...we are totally hooked. Why did we wait so long I wonder? Very happy to have finally joined... Dave & Kenna

IMG_4523.JPG

IMG_4524.jpg

Nice , i waited , and saved almost 20 years disiering for a Cali ....
When i finally got it , now three years , came to me how incredibly stupid i have been.....waiting so long:headbang

Hi Dave & Kenna, congratulations on your new baby :thumb

Hi, nice van and lovely cosy cali meal. :thumb

What a lovely message!!

Isn't it so uplifiting, the feeling of being able to go anywhere, stop anywhere, overnight almost anywhere, brilliant drive, loads of control, no height barrier worries (well, almost none) ..

The ultimate freedom machine and you sound to be loving it!!

Thanks for nice messages people. Yes indeedee we're loving it, a real asset. I've been lucky enough to own some rare and special cars in my time, but I think this is the one I've been the most excited about and engaged with.

We're off to Beaulieu Boat Jumble next week (we sell classic wooden boat stuff as a hobby, so will overnight on our stand). Will our shiny new Cali survive in a field of working Transit vans and the melée of thousands of people and seriously heavy and potentially very damaging bronze boat fittings. I think it will and we'll be eversooo careful...! Besides, ours is by necessity going to be a street van, sleeping as it does outside our house in South London every night.

BTW, I reckon I should have posted first on the introduction page, so perhaps I'll now do that too.

Happy camping... Dave

Hi great to hear, we too have ours recently . No name yet. Off to New forest on Thursday for second outing. RIchard

Back