Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First Trip !

I use a plastic tent peg and a bungee cord t(around the cable) to fix the cable at ground level, close to the van, if the worst happens there is enough slack on the cable to catch the cable and let you know you messed up as you drive off without pulling directly to the EHU box, hopefully averting disaster

I use a plastic tent peg and a bungee cord t(around the cable) to fix the cable at ground level, close to the van, if the worst happens there is enough slack on the cable to catch the cable and let you know you messed up as you drive off without pulling directly to the EHU box, hopefully averting disaster
01E8F0CA-32CF-47B8-B11F-C7CA2B727E4D.jpeg

Many thanks for mentioning this......I double checked the tail gate because of your comment only to find the hookup still plugged in. It would have been embarrassing to have towed my entire house across Norfolk.....
Every time we are ready to leave after being parked up we do a walk around the complete vehicle very last thing before driving off. It’s a good habit to adopt :thumb

Every time we are ready to leave after being parked up we do a walk around the complete vehicle very last thing before driving off. It’s a good habit to adopt :thumb
Agree, it's a good chance to make sure you've left no rubbish, loose tent pegs, etc, too. Also bits that have dropped of/out the Cali, to put in the box for undentifiable bits so when you get home you cn take a pic and post it on here for identification!

My T5.1 has the EHU plug in signal, but I have the updated control panel (index C). Don't know if the original control panel made the signal, because I always plug out before leaving.
Just had the signal once when starting the engine, while still plugged in.

I often forget to shut the little cover of the EHU securely in place. I only find out about that once already on the motorway when I see it from the rear-view mirror flapping around, awaiting to snap, of course on stretches of road with no possibility to stop for miles.