Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fitted Calicap 810mm drawer - lots of photos...

HowieDog

HowieDog

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
Arrived three days after ordering.

Very high quality build and components and easy to fit. Highly recommended.

Locking mechanism and carpet to protect camper trim.

KSSnKlHDT7KhddKSR+Yesw.jpg
AVl1m%NdTuG%bE8GqXSqVA.jpg

Carpet on base and at the sides to protect the camper trim
Gcu5nKBCTbGO+8YRlp0NlQ.jpg9s6DYMyDSrylAFWrAlanFQ.jpg

This is the 810mm drawer and the picture below shows the position of the seat and access to the left hand cupboard.

QMpUnrBtQjO12mjZSXTxjQ.jpg

Need to work out best combination of Euro boxes next...

yuj3Q2yiTk6%vBMkOSV6wA.jpg
L9miSQEkSLWFdr3avKniOw.jpguN8FePp5QWu47GUy+BiaCg.jpg

Congratulations on your purchase. We have one as well (build it myself) and I must say it's one of the most usefull things we added to the van. You get used to it in a day and will wonder how you ever went without.

Ue
Hi Howie Dog, can you please advise what the strut option is all about? I also assume the 810 and 710 is the depth? Many thanks
Yes, The depth is 810mm. Not sure about the strut option - there is an option for additional strengthening but it takes 70kg anyway I think.

It came with an aluminium bar that linked the front or the two drawer runners but not sure if that was extra or standard.

Just used it for the first time in anger, Sainsbury’s click and collect.

So easy!!image.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks @Loz

Good afternoon,

I got the same drawer last year. I got some Euro boxes for the drawer:

1589297728244.png

1589297780250.png

1589297853499.png

I went for the 290 mm height because it gives me the option to put the shelf in either the higher or lower position without any problems.

The boxes are quite handy, not only for camping, but also for shopping. I always bring the box into the (Lidl or Aldi) shop and at the till pack everything in it. Transport from the shop to the van and home is easy then.

Also I take one box out of the boot into the front if I go to McDonalds drive-trough. I can place the food, but especially the drinks, into the box. Here they stay save and if the drinks falls over the liquid stays in the box. Over a year ago one cup fell over and spilled onto the passengers foot step (where the California light is). It took me a while to clear the mess. This won't happen with the box.

Happy California,
Eberhard

Looks good - I've just order a selection of boxes. Went for a variety of heights and sizes so will needs to have a play aroud to see what items best fit in different boxes - if they dont work as planned they are also a perfect fit on the garage she;ves.

Good tip re McDonalds...

These are such a good accessory! Is there a reason you didn't get one from the club shop? How much did this one cost you incl. Postage?

It’s the full width of the boot which I preferred and others had carried out a lot of research. It was £550 delivered - not the dearest or cheapest on the market.
it really is good quality andif I ever don’t need it the seem to hold their value pretty well.

Congratulations on your purchase. We have one as well (build it myself) and I must say it's one of the most usefull things we added to the van. You get used to it in a day and will wonder how you ever went without.
Any pics of your homemade one?

Any pics of your homemade one?

@Guy Raymond sure, see below. I explain in some detail in my blog how I build it. Including a model. And I'm happy that since then several people have build their own, based on my description. I in turn used other people's information/description of how they build theirs. That's the power of the internet ;-)

lade11-973x547.jpg

lade4.jpg

Should add I spend around 250 euro's in total

I would love a drawer like this, but i use my fifth seat fairly often, so would need to either get a short one or remove it all the time. I think just some long storage boxes to slide in and out will be what I go for in the end.

Hi @babble, For long storage boxes you may want to look at the collapsible fabric boxes sold in Skoda dealerships. I got couple a year ago and found that they slide in and out easily and take a lot of gear, but are a good combination of rigidity and flexibility to hold a decent weight when full but can also adapt length if needed. They are not the full depth of the boot - enough space for BBQ and leveling ramps etc behind them. They are also just the right height for an Ocean rear shelf on the bottom setting.
The Skoda boxes are about 15 pounds each. Don’t confuse them with the ones for sale in VW commercial showrooms, which are much smaller and twice the price.
I have 2 in my Ocean and it leaves space for roof racks/skis etc through the hatch, but could get at least 3 in a Beach.
https://eshop.skoda-auto.cz/en_CZ/foldable-box-simply-clever/p/000061104B
Hope this is helpful

I would love a drawer like this, but i use my fifth seat fairly often, so would need to either get a short one or remove it all the time. I think just some long storage boxes to slide in and out will be what I go for in the end.

Although it's easiest to be able to leave it in pemanently, I must point out that all it takes to remove the drawer is to unscrew 2 bolts (see picture below), which can be done by hand, without tools.

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/90/0f/b7/900fb744fac5149a97260245da101fa0.jpg

There’s something similar on eBay at the minute

There’s something similar on eBay at the minute

Looks OK, bit of an odd gap down the right hand side and it doesn’t say how deep it is in the description.

I realised my blog is in Dutch, so it might be hard to read for most people here. So I just translated this particular posting to English. Might make it easier ;-) Find it here.
Hi Thomas, I am in Australia, I am impressed with the sliding platform you fabricated, I tried to down load you drawing but it appears I have the compatibility issues, any chance you email me photos of the drawings.
My email is sandymcp@bigpond.net.au
Btw I own a T6 California Ocean which I purchased in UK then spent 6 mths touring UK and Europe (including Holland, which was our favourite European country). I have since imported it to Australia. It is the only T6 California in Australia, so many options are not available here. And far to expensive to ship here from overseas.

Back