Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fitting VWCC GTI seat covers West Midlands?

Julesa

Julesa

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all,

We love the premium gti fabric covers advertised on the vwcc shop.

However having seen YouTube videos of the process of fitting them we are worried we wouldn’t have the tools or skills to do them justice.

Can anyone recommend someone in the west mids who might fit them for us?

Thanks in advance!

Honestly, it's proper proper proper simple. I'm a complete moron. A total unadulterated simpleton when it comes to anything DIY related. Given the choice, I'd pay for someone to do anything for me. Well, maybe not anything ;). There was nothing hard about it. Allocate an afternoon and you'll be fine. It took me just over 3 hrs to do the lot

Would someone at the shop be willing to do it for you (for a fee) as you are not too far away?

Personally I can't see why you would want seat covers that you are unwilling to fit and also won't be able to take off to clean. Isn't the whole point to fit covers that you can remove to wash as and when.
Probably better to have a re-trim .

Honestly, it's proper proper proper simple. I'm a complete moron. A total unadulterated simpleton when it comes to anything DIY related. Given the choice, I'd pay for someone to do anything for me. Well, maybe not anything ;). There was nothing hard about it. Allocate an afternoon and you'll be fine. It took me just over 3 hrs to do the lot
Thank you for this, you have given us confidence that we might be up to the challenge!

The shop will be able to advise you at least

Would someone at the shop be willing to do it for you (for a fee) as you are not too far away?
Hadn’t considered that, thank you for the suggestion, the shop saw the thread & have been in touch, just waiting for a quote....

Hi all,

We love the premium gti fabric covers advertised on the vwcc shop.

However having seen YouTube videos of the process of fitting them we are worried we wouldn’t have the tools or skills to do them justice.

Can anyone recommend someone in the west mids who might fit them for us?

Thanks in advance!

I’m with @DrJuanKerr and @WelshGas - a) it really is quite simple, just fiddly and does take ages - no special tools required, just a lot of patience and many cups of tea; b) I would also question covering fabric seats with, er fabric seats covers!? Given they are a pain to put on, why not go for something like the faux leather covers. I put some in my van and they’ve been great, withstanding the rigours of two kids and a dog, sea, sand and the rest :0) Either that or cheap and cheerful slip on seat covers.

I bought The faux leather covers from the club . Im a 55 year old woman and I fitted them all by my self having never done anything like this before . ( I watched a Bus and Beyond You Tube video on fitting them beforehand ) It was quite easy . Took me around 3.5 - 4 hours one Sunday afternoon and I took my time . They look and feel like real leather and do look AMAZING . :embarrased:embarrased

F22166BC-40A7-4094-8EB1-A749D2512274.jpeg 28A2A7F0-44D7-47A1-AF03-98CBA6BEF2E7.jpeg I fitted the leather style seat covers from the club shop 3 weeks ago. I did find it a challenge but the YouTube vid that A Bus & Beyond made on fitting the covers was really helpful. Took me much longer than suggested times but was delighted with the outcome.

A570C1EF-E963-41B6-A3BB-85298587AC86.jpeg

The only niggle is I think I weakened the fixing on the plastic panel, at the rear of the passenger seat. It’s in place but I’m not confident it’s fixed as securely as it was before I removed it. This keeps the whole of the plastic trim in place around the bottom of the seat too. :(

The only niggle is I think I weakened the fixing on the plastic panel, at the rear of the passenger seat. It’s in place but I’m not confident it’s fixed as securely as it was before I removed it. This keeps the whole of the plastic trim in place around the bottom of the seat too. :(
Me too! Perhaps there is a special tool to release it because, although my panel has gone back, it doesn't seem as well fixed as before.

Does anyone know if these seat covers are Airbag tested?

If you’re referring to the leather style seat covers from the California Club shop then yes, they are airbag tested.

Thanks for your help. The GTI fabric style seat covers are the ones we are looking at. Like the leather style ones but thought they may be a bit sweaty being faux leather. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either way I believe all the seat covers sold by the California Club shop add airbag tested. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the possibility of cleaning, and resistance to stains, and wear?

These seat covers are made professionally by the Skoda factory in hungry they are top quality and comply with all airbag and quality regulations as you would expect.

Back