Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fittings to roof rail (not awning)

Explorer

Explorer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hello
I am still on the search for low profile options for my roof and was looking for something to use use with straps for a surfboard (plenty of soft rack options out there that don’t require the roof bars).

Could anyone tell me if these fit directly into the rail on the roof? This company has a version with loop for straps....which seem to be exactly what I would need.

Thanks and hope this is not a rediculouse thing to consider.
Yv

Captive nut KERL 350 M8​

3A765C33-7262-40CF-95B5-C5F7F4C35F08.jpeg

Hello
I am still on the search for low profile options for my roof and was looking for something to use use with straps for a surfboard (plenty of soft rack options out there that don’t require the roof bars).

Could anyone tell me if these fit directly into the rail on the roof? This company has a version with loop for straps....which seem to be exactly what I would need.

Thanks and hope this is not a rediculouse thing to consider.
Yv

Captive nut KERL 350 M8​

View attachment 76801
The Caliroof is very easily dented as made of thin Aluminium. So would avoid anything that straps directly to the roof itself as the weight needs to be spread; The roof rails will take up to 75/100kg with the roof down as the weight is spread over the rail rails, but if a child stood directly on the roof they would most likely dent it.

Last edited:
The Caliroof is very easily dented as made of thin Aluminium. So would avoid anything that straps directly to the roof itself as the weight needs to be spread; The roof rails will take up to 75/100kg with the roof down as the weight is spread over the rail rails, but if a child stood directly on the roof they would most likely dent it.
Great advice. That’s a no brainer then! Will order the roof bars and fittings. This is all just so I can continue to squeeze into the garage! It’s a tight fit in all directions :)

but if it’s in it in!!

D7D32988-E541-4F7B-93C1-02BAC897D627.jpeg

C4E40DD0-E21C-4E9D-B075-6CE4C9D7F6CC.jpeg

How much height do you have on the garage entrance.
At last check it was 14cm! But I have had the garage door rehinged and need to remeasure as might have a couple more now. Waiting for measurement from supplier for the Yakima bars and feet which look a little lower profile than Thule. I am hopeful that will do the trick! (Kind of keen to avoid letting air out of tires etc!

Yes we have that now using some old play mats and we have a block on the floor.
It is surprising easy to get it in the space with the automatic!
Perhaps a rubber strip on the brick pillar where the scooter is.

These might work in order to reduce height as look to be easily adaptable:

These might work in order to reduce height as look to be easily adaptable:

I will be calling them tomorrow!