Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof Bars to carry Surfboard

S

Stevebeve

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hello all, having just purchased my first wetsuit i am looking a getting a surfboard and hitting the road in the Van! Cannot wait. I have a 2006 California T5 and wanted to know if any one had any advice or recommendations for the best Roof bars and fixings for a board? There are the obvious Thule options as sold in the shop on this site, not sure if they are worth the money or if the cheaper options you can find ar worth trying. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Hello all, having just purchased my first wetsuit i am looking a getting a surfboard and hitting the road in the Van! Cannot wait. I have a 2006 California T5 and wanted to know if any one had any advice or recommendations for the best Roof bars and fixings for a board? There are the obvious Thule options as sold in the shop on this site, not sure if they are worth the money or if the cheaper options you can find ar worth trying. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
I've always gone for Thule, worth paying the extra!

Yakima Whispbars are great and sit slightly lower than Thule.

+ Make sure you get locking roof rack straps:

Yakima Whispbars are great and sit slightly lower than Thule.

+ Make sure you get locking roof rack straps:

+1 for Thule wing bar, easy to fit and take off again, low foot pack (753) rock solid when fitted and no discernible extra noise.
search second hand on multi coloured auction site.

Last edited:
Back