Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flat batteries !!!

J

John Benton

Last year I left my ocean whilst travelling and 5 months the .engine battery was flat and could not be charged and replaced for £320 .im told once the charge is lost it’s scrap no matter it’s condition .
This year I want to lock up the vehicle and disconnect the battery .
It I lock and then disconnect the Neg the alarm sounds .
Question is how do I store with battery disconnected with the doors locked .
Don’t need to replace a battery every 2000 miles ??
Answers please , the garage is remote and no power supply sadly

Last year I left my ocean whilst travelling and 5 months the .engine battery was flat and could not be charged and replaced for £320 .im told once the charge is lost it’s scrap no matter it’s condition .
You would have to Disable the Alarm system, or leave the vehicle unlocked.
ps: I'm not sure how you can disable the whole system, just the internal sensors using the button on the B pillar.

VW suggest that you should top up on the mains every month. I’ve had my leisure batteries go flat and it didn’t damage them but I’ve heard that’s not always the case. There is always the option of A solar panel that will keep the batteries topped up. If Everything is turned off including the central panel the battery drain is very low indeed.

I think you need to lock the vehicle in Safelock mode, but using the key rather than the remote to lock the vehicle - i.e. turn the key into the locking position (driver’s door) twice in quick succession. This locks the vehicle without engaging the deadlocks or alarm. Using the remote control (double press) locks the vehicle without deadlocks but with alarm. That’s what the manual says, so don’t shoot the messenger ;0)

I think you need to lock the vehicle in Safelock mode, but using the key rather than the remote to lock the vehicle - i.e. turn the key into the locking position (driver’s door) twice in quick succession. This locks the vehicle without engaging the deadlocks or alarm. Using the remote control (double press) locks the vehicle without deadlocks but with alarm. That’s what the manual says, so don’t shoot the messenger ;0)
The vehicle alarm is still active, just the internal motion sensor and Deadlock function is disabled.

I was going by this post - see owner manual photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk