Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fly-screen in the sliding door from Maxxcamp

Explain , can't figure out what you mean...
Wim, the first 40 seconds of the video, he's using his figures to affix the net to the door, but I don't know if it sticks by magnets, velcro (like Brandrup), or even tucks behind the rubber seal.

Wim, the first 40 seconds of the video, he's using his figures to affix the net to the door, but I don't know if it sticks by magnets, velcro (like Brandrup), or even tucks behind the rubber seal.

Oh , sorry did not understand your Q fully firts.

Maxxcamp has sewed in magnets each 25cm all arround .
In fact it takes way less shorter to put it in as the video shows as in that video you see the same views from in and outside over again.
Mine goes in in less then 60sec.

Think the video try's to show where you need to look out for when you want slam the door shut afther fitting it, you need to tuck it behind the closure points of the door

Last edited:
Thanks for the video. Will try again and again and again till I can shut the door - or I will only use it in "door open but mosquito free mode!"

Just found this magnetic ready made mosquito net for a california sliding door net which looks really good 135 euros and the video makes it look really secure and easy to use. Was going to try and make our own until we saw but think we might give it a go. If we do will post how we found it
https://www.maxxcamp.de/product.aspx?WPParams=50C9D4C6C5D2E6BDA5A98598

We got it, and are really pleased with it. Small pack size and easy to fit in seconds. Access in and out is also very easy.

Just found this magnetic ready made mosquito net for a california sliding door net which looks really good 135 euros and the video makes it look really secure and easy to use. Was going to try and make our own until we saw but think we might give it a go. If we do will post how we found it
https://www.maxxcamp.de/product.aspx?WPParams=50C9D4C6C5D2E6BDA5A98598
There are some great accessories on this site.
I also notice that they do a nice screen for the back door too.

Good to hear someone has used it and it works well definitely will be buying

I know these screens fit, but in practice do they actually work?

I prefer my syste. If the little b*****s get inside they succumb very quickly.:thumb

Yes, we use it in both sweden, germany and italy. Both with door fully open and closed with
windows open. No mosquitos inside the van.

Yes, we use it in both sweden, germany and italy. Both with door fully open and closed with
windows open. No mosquitos inside the van.
Yes, but scottish midge is smaller and persistent! needs To be smaller holes to keep those beasties out

There are midges in Sweden, but @kave may not have encountered them.