Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

+ for Motorhomes......

BerndRos

BerndRos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Arrived in my Dinghy at Pomarao (Portugal) with 3 out of 4 screws missing from my Rudder and went in search of help from the few boats on the pontoon. No joy so noticed 3 Motorhomes on the quay, 2 UK and one Dutch. Now my experience is that you will ALWAYS get a warm welcome from the Dutch. Loaned a Screwdriver and they had screws so fixed up the Rudder while enjoying a Beer with them. This is what travelling is all about.

See what these amazing people have done over the years on their website....www.elenes.nl.........

Very nice people......

Think pretty much all of the campers you meet on site will give you a hand when needed .
The Dutchmen in special , as there are many of them on the road ....:D
I first try to greet my neighbours when i see them , sometimes a quick chat...

Find it great to see the sites some have with theire trips planned out , as me speaking Dutch i read some of them and sometimes find out some great stuff.
Most of the Dutch travelers started with a caravan or even a tent then end up at the reteirement in a "big white one".
Do notice most of them end their working carrier in early reteirement( some not even 55y old) , witch we probally won't be able to do anymore.( in Holland they have pretty high pensions)
We (30-40's)are working for paying the pension of them but we got to work til our late sixties and early seventies.

Think pretty much all of the campers you meet on site will give you a hand when needed .
The Dutchmen in special , as there are many of them on the road ....:D
I first try to greet my neighbours when i see them , sometimes a quick chat...

Find it great to see the sites some have with theire trips planned out , as me speaking Dutch i read some of them and sometimes find out some great stuff.
Most of the Dutch travelers started with a caravan or even a tent then end up at the reteirement in a "big white one".
Do notice most of them end their working carrier in early reteirement( some not even 55y old) , witch we probally won't be able to do anymore.( in Holland they have pretty high pensions)
We (30-40's)are working for paying the pension of them but we got to work til our late sixties and early seventies.
I think it's exactly the same here regarding pensions!
I'm not going to make it to that age with my dodgy knee though so 55 sounds good to me

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Back