Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Forced Last Minute Plans for France

How about the Champagne region around Epernay? (3 hrs according to Google)
This place was used as a club meet many years ago. I never went on the meet but did stay there independently for a couple of nights.
Love this place, we visited a few years ago... Nice champagne too!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Yes I've done the mad campsites at Le Mans one year there was a drag race set up until one guy launched his Porsche over an oil drum.
Lots of noise revving bikes car's absolutely crazy.I wouldn't want to camp there now but in my younger days with a group of mate's was great fun.

I do not understand the blue and x sites what does this mean? too close or what? regards.
As I understand it Blue, Red(and Haux?) site is free to anyone with a general access ticket.

Centre des Expo campsite is reserved for grandstand ticket holders. Centainly security would not let you into Expo without seing your ticket and there were some thefts from blue and red.

Blue site was 1/2 mile away and Red across the road. They were reving the nuts off bike engines until 6am and by reving I mean bouncing them off the rev limitter, hitting the kill switch off/on to get a massive backfire and doing it over and over. Did i mention they also take the exhausts off?
Add in the bonfires and mega loud music and you get the idea!

All good fun though and at least in Expo we got some sleep (with earplugs)

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions of where to stay. As you can see we made the the race after all but it was much appreciated.
We broke our return journey up with an overnight stop at a campsite in Honfleur last night. Great suggestion and definately somewhere we would like to visit again.

Last edited:
Back