Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Last minute eurotunnel

Grimsa

Grimsa

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Sharing in case useful to others...
Tried to book a last minute (ie 2 days before travel) folkstone to calais crossing. Cheapest eurotunnel 539 GBP return.
Joined the frequent traveller scheme and paid 480 for 10 x single crossings. Beach camper with bikes on the back supplement of 24 return but still worked out cheaper overall with 8 future crossings in hand.
As it turns out our weekend destination of The Netherlands got added to the quarantine list last night so we aborted and simply went online just 7hrs before the check-in time and moved both crossings to future dates.
Maybe there are downsides to the scheme I'm not aware of but seems half decent.

I’ve found the Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller (FT) scheme pretty good overall - I missed a trip travel time and it was just cancelled automatically and available for use at another date, and it allows changes for free, subject to availability.
However be aware that the number of FT slots on each train is limited - I found last autumn coming back to UK just before schools restarted that FT was showing zero availability for the dates I needed however the normal tunnel bookings were fully available, but at much higher prices. So I ended up on a pretty grotty DFDS ferry instead but at about the same price as my Eurotunnel FT ticket would have been.

Back