Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ford Nugget Plus - end of the line?

Georgiegirl

Georgiegirl

Vehicle
Cali now sold
We started our campervan journey with a Beach and then a Cali. We then went to the dark side and tried a couple of larger vans with onboard toilets but missed the driveability of the Cali. We have now returned to pop top life but opted for the Ford Nugget Plus as the layout with a toilet suited us better than the Cali (although I still love the VW culture and prefer the external look of the van and have always remained on this lovely forum as a result!).
I know a few people on this forum have considered the Nugget Plus in the past and I just thought I would let you guys know that the current batch of Nugget Plus vans may well be the last. As we all know there’s a new hybrid VW/ Ford van on its way. Ford have already started to sell the new version of the Nugget, but haven’t confirmed that a new Plus version will ever be available. If anyone has been considering the move you probably need to take the leap now before they all disappear. I won’t go into the pros and cons of Nugget v Cali in this post but happy to provide a view if there is interest? Happy to answer any questions in this thread. Happy campervanning everyone!

I think we would all love to hear your comparisons…
The tintop nugget is an interesting van.

We started our campervan journey with a Beach and then a Cali. We then went to the dark side and tried a couple of larger vans with onboard toilets but missed the driveability of the Cali. We have now returned to pop top life but opted for the Ford Nugget Plus as the layout with a toilet suited us better than the Cali (although I still love the VW culture and prefer the external look of the van and have always remained on this lovely forum as a result!).
I know a few people on this forum have considered the Nugget Plus in the past and I just thought I would let you guys know that the current batch of Nugget Plus vans may well be the last. As we all know there’s a new hybrid VW/ Ford van on its way. Ford have already started to sell the new version of the Nugget, but haven’t confirmed that a new Plus version will ever be available. If anyone has been considering the move you probably need to take the leap now before they all disappear. I won’t go into the pros and cons of Nugget v Cali in this post but happy to provide a view if there is interest? Happy to answer any questions in this thread. Happy campervanning everyone!
Your pros and cons would be great. We have looked at this as an option :thumb

We’ve considered a Nugget, would be interested in your view.

Worth checking out Calicamper family on YT as they made the transition over a year ago. For their needs with 3 young kids it makes good sense.

Thanks for your replies and interest in our experiences - that’s why I love this forum! Like you say the high top is amazing and would be our preferred option but sadly never offered as RHD in UK. The calicamper family on YouTube is a good source of info although they live in Italy and do have a high top.
I’ll look to post a comparison of the nugget plus when I have more time and we have actually camped in it!

Worth checking out Calicamper family on YT as they made the transition over a year ago. For their needs with 3 young kids it makes good sense.
We’re subs to their channel, they make great content.

As a matter of interest what are the alternatives if you want a VW sized camper (rather than MH) with a toilet built in. I can only think of the Nugget Plus or Westfalia Joker/Club Joker is there many more?

As a matter of interest what are the alternatives if you want a VW sized camper (rather than MH) with a toilet built in. I can only think of the Nugget Plus or Westfalia Joker/Club Joker is there many more?
Bilbo has one with a toilet, it's the Nexa

There’s also the Westfalia Kelsey that’s a Ford LWB like the Nugget Plus. We did consider that option but preferred the layout of the nugget (and the bed doesn’t involve cushion Jenga!)

Back