Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France March 22

Just to clarify, I think the above advice is the UKs taken from the FCO website, and covers the UKs position that you don’t need to take a test to fly. For entry to France, my understanding is that you do need to present a negative test….

“A negative PCR or antigen test taken less than 48 hours old is required, except for arrivals from a Member State of the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, the Holy See or Switzerland.”

But, please correct me if I’m wrong. We travel on Friday, and got the lateral flow tests ready to take.
It says no test now required for entry to France for fully vaccinated Adults. Booster included.

I see the news item on Sky News etc., but the French gov website is not updated. Ah well, that’s £60 we need not have spent !

Another update from UK Gov relating to Children under 12

Children and young people​

The French Ministry of the Interior website states that all children under 12 are exempt from all COVID-19 travel restrictions.

There is an aire on the road up to the Pré la Joux and Pierre Longue lifts with hook ups and water or there’s a proper campsite just off the bottom road in Châtel. Never actually camped with the Cali in either of them as we are lucky enough to own a little place over there but they both look pretty good and well located
Sorry missed this unit I’m now but thank you that’s really helpful. Flying over and in chatel in march and so will check it out. Would love to have a place over there one day too!

Sorry missed this unit I’m now but thank you that’s really helpful. Flying over and in chatel in march and so will check it out. Would love to have a place over there one day too!
Yes, it’s a great area both summer and winter and we feel very lucky to own a place over there. We’re flying back over in March too - guessing it may be a little busier on the slopes than our January trip!

Wondering whether anyone has been affected by the Spanish truck drivers’ strike i.e. food shortages, blockades etc? It’s been running for a week now and I hear there are empty shelves in some regions. Travelling there in a week’s time.

Wondering whether anyone has been affected by the Spanish truck drivers’ strike i.e. food shortages, blockades etc? It’s been running for a week now and I hear there are empty shelves in some regions. Travelling there in a week’s time.
I have been shopping in a Carrefour in Spain today it looked well stocked. The local news papers on line are showing trucks in queues on motorways and towns but traffic is ok. Could not find anything in national papers. If you want to search goggle input "camiones" which is trucks

Example from paper/ translated from Spanish using goggle.
"The transport strike has been noticeable since the early hours of this Monday in Valencia. With regard to traffic in the city of Valencia, the accesses are blocked by the large number of trucks protesting today due to shortages and the incessant increase in gasoline."

Forgive me if this is a daft question. We are due to travel to France on the 31 March, however daughter aged 12 who is double jabbed, this weekend tested positive for covid (symptom free, thankfully).
We would therefore not be able to complete the sworn undertaking form stating we have had no contact with a confirmed case of covid 19 in the last 14 days.

Does this automatically refuse entry, even if we all take fit to travel tests 48 hrs prior to travel

Hope that makes sense.

Forgive me if this is a daft question. We are due to travel to France on the 31 March, however daughter aged 12 who is double jabbed, this weekend tested positive for covid (symptom free, thankfully).
We would therefore not be able to complete the sworn undertaking form stating we have had no contact with a confirmed case of covid 19 in the last 14 days.

Does this automatically refuse entry, even if we all take fit to travel tests 48 hrs prior to travel

Hope that makes sense.
Unfortunately for you, that is correct, automatic refusal - especially if you've posted on a public forum that she has tested positive!

Thought as much, wouldn't dream of trying to circumnavigate the rules, never have, never would.
That's how I read it, have already cancelled one campsite booking, two more to do and transfer tunnel crossing for the summer.