Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France March 22

Indeed my concern too about loosing phone. We plan to go to France in May for a couple of weeks and will take printed copies of certificates etc even if just screen dumps if we can as a belt braces solution.

so if you lose or break your phone while skiing your stuffed ?
Always have a paper, hard, copy of your jabs.

Without a Smartphone now you will be a non-person in Government eyes.

Smartphone proved to be essential when filling in the Locator form and it wanted the order number for PCR Test Order after return to UK. long hunt back through emails needed.

Dread to think how long it would take to get a replacement Smartphone back up with all Apps passwords sorted out.

I found that paper copies were much faster to process at Port entry/exit points than Smartphone ones.

Tous Anti Covid app is being changed to Pass Vaccinal just to confuse things. You only need to load your booster onto the app. If you put the others on they cause problems by being out of date.
Very useful. Am I right in thinking using the Tous AntI Covid app you can scan the QR code from your NHS App to transfer your vaccine status?

A quiet corner of Portes du Soleil near Chatel. I think we struck lucky with the lunchtime lull hence the photo record. The main areas around Avoriaz are still very busy although lift queues are not too bad at the moment. That will no doubt change in February.
You must have been the other skier we saw! Fantastic bluebird days with lovely quiet slopes - don’t think we saw a cloud all week!

Lovely. Know Chatel very well. Are you sleeping in your van and if so could I ask where you are staying please?
There is an aire on the road up to the Pré la Joux and Pierre Longue lifts with hook ups and water or there’s a proper campsite just off the bottom road in Châtel. Never actually camped with the Cali in either of them as we are lucky enough to own a little place over there but they both look pretty good and well located

Done that, very easy. I scanned the booster QR code as it’s the most recent.
Might be worth scanning them all...my friend found his booster one didn't seem to be recognised by whatever the French use to check it

Ah okay. Someone else suggested the earlier jabs caused confusion.

Planning French trip, as I understand it I need two certified lateral flow tests just ordered from Boots for the adults. None for under 12s. And I need to sign the “honeur“ document, I think one for each of us.
The honeur now says “I hereby agree on my honour to take an antigen test or biological examination on arrival in metropolitan France (traveller aged above 12 years).”
Whats that? I wasn’t expecting that. I‘m hoping taking a couple of NHS tests with us covers that?

Is that it?

Planning French trip, as I understand it I need two certified lateral flow tests just ordered from Boots for the adults. None for under 12s. And I need to sign the “honeur“ document, I think one for each of us.
The honeur now says “I hereby agree on my honour to take an antigen test or biological examination on arrival in metropolitan France (traveller aged above 12 years).”
Whats that? I wasn’t expecting that. I‘m hoping taking a couple of NHS tests with us covers that?

Is that it?
Also planning a trip mid Feb. I've looked at the French government website, and I think the Honneur reflects the needs for Unvaccinated people from green list countries (the last para below). I have taken it that, if fully vaccinated, you need only to have a certified negative test result taken up to 48 hours prior to entry. That's the first para below.

So it depends upon your vaccine status.

If anyone with current travel knowledge of France disagrees I'd be very interested of course!

"2.2. Health control measures​

If you are already vaccinated, you shall present proof of your vaccination status and a sworn statement certifying the absence of COVID-19 symptoms and of any contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19. A negative PCR or antigen test taken less than 48 hours old is required, except for arrivals from a Member State of the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, the Holy See or Switzerland.

Since February 1st, 2022, in order to continue to be considered as fully vaccinated, persons aged eighteen or over wishing to enter the national territory must have received a dose of complementary messenger RNA vaccine no later than 9 months following the injection of the last required dose.

If you are not vaccinated, you must present the transport company or the border authorities with a certificate of recovery dated more than eleven days and less than six months, or a negative PCR or antigen test dated less than 48 hours or less than 24 hours prior to departure, depending on your country of departure (departure of first flight in case of connecting flight(s).

For travellers arriving from a country in the European area (Member State of the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, the Holy See or Switzerland) a negative PCR or antigen test taken less than 24 hours earlier is required.

All travellers arriving from a green list country must complete a sworn statement certifying that they agree to take a virological or biological screening test for SARS-CoV-2 upon arrival. Children under 12 years of age are exempt from testing. You shall also present a sworn statement certifying the.. "

Just don't tick the box that says you'll take a test. That's what we did last week

Btw make sure you look at the correct tab on the French website...ignore green/amber/Red tabs...there's a UK specific one on the right of the page. The statement of honour is the last doc on that tab.

Just don't tick the box that says you'll take a test. That's what we did last week

Btw make sure you look at the correct tab on the French website...ignore green/amber/Red tabs...there's a UK specific one on the right of the page. The statement of honour is the last doc on that tab.
Thanks ! I'd looked at the French gov site and it wasn't that obvious. Since found the French Consulate's (London) website which does spell it out...

Also planning a trip mid Feb. I've looked at the French government website, and I think the Honneur reflects the needs for Unvaccinated people from green list countries (the last para below). I have taken it that, if fully vaccinated, you need only to have a certified negative test result taken up to 48 hours prior to entry. That's the first para below.

So it depends upon your vaccine status.

If anyone with current travel knowledge of France disagrees I'd be very interested of course!

"2.2. Health control measures​

If you are already vaccinated, you shall present proof of your vaccination status and a sworn statement certifying the absence of COVID-19 symptoms and of any contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19. A negative PCR or antigen test taken less than 48 hours old is required, except for arrivals from a Member State of the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, the Holy See or Switzerland.

Since February 1st, 2022, in order to continue to be considered as fully vaccinated, persons aged eighteen or over wishing to enter the national territory must have received a dose of complementary messenger RNA vaccine no later than 9 months following the injection of the last required dose.

If you are not vaccinated, you must present the transport company or the border authorities with a certificate of recovery dated more than eleven days and less than six months, or a negative PCR or antigen test dated less than 48 hours or less than 24 hours prior to departure, depending on your country of departure (departure of first flight in case of connecting flight(s).

For travellers arriving from a country in the European area (Member State of the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, the Holy See or Switzerland) a negative PCR or antigen test taken less than 24 hours earlier is required.

All travellers arriving from a green list country must complete a sworn statement certifying that they agree to take a virological or biological screening test for SARS-CoV-2 upon arrival. Children under 12 years of age are exempt from testing. You shall also present a sworn statement certifying the.. "
So I think we need test and forms.

Is that it?
NHS Antigen or PCR CANNOT be used for travel purposes.
You must have a Private/paid for test.
Train or Air travel to Paris can require a Covid Test on arrival but no need to worry about Ferry or Tunnel self drive routes.

If you download an 'honeur' document make sure that it has Green List Countries at the top.
I had to do another one at the Port as it had Amber at the top.

Just do an enable edit and fill in all correct details and then print out. remember to sign if doing that.
Don't do a computer signature as French insist on 'wet' signatures (which has caused chaos with Freight Documents)

5C9E3620-4CA9-46FA-88F5-C16F91F89B93.png
We are Amber aren’t we!?
This grabbed just now.

View attachment 88879
We are Amber aren’t we!?
This grabbed just now.
According to that yes Amber. My mistake as forgot that it has changed since October.

BUT if you download the form it now shows Green. When I had the wrong form they (Port Checking) said that the French Embassy isn't very prompt with updates which seems to be the case as now shows a Green heading on the form'

I'm going in March and will do both headed versions to avoid Port problems. As I said just enable editing in Word to put correct colour in.

According to that yes Amber. My mistake as forgot that it has changed since October.

BUT if you download the form it now shows Green. When I had the wrong form they (Port Checking) said that the French Embassy isn't very prompt with updates which seems to be the case as now shows a Green heading on the form'

I'm going in March and will do both headed versions to avoid Port problems. As I said just enable editing in Word to put correct colour in.
When you say 'Port Checking' where's that? A ferry, not the tunnel?

We are travelling with a lot of other families through the tunnel, and I can imagine a few getting this Green/Amber thing wrong. I'm thinking of running a sweepstake on which family doesn't make it!

Good news on the Test time to get it done

Change made:
Addition of information on requirement for fully vaccinated travellers from the UK to provide a negative PCR or antigen test result, taken 48 hours before travel to France (‘Entry requirements’ page)

Time updated:
12:24pm, 4 February 2022

When you say 'Port Checking' where's that? A ferry, not the tunnel?

We are travelling with a lot of other families through the tunnel, and I can imagine a few getting this Green/Amber thing wrong. I'm thinking of running a sweepstake on which family doesn't make it!
I was merely given the correct forms to fill in all over again. Couldn't just delete the colour and put the correct one in -- too simple!

I was merely given the correct forms to fill in all over again. Couldn't just delete the colour and put the correct one in -- too simple!
But were you at a port in the UK? Not at the tunnel?

I'm just asking as at Eurotunnel is a different Douniers setup and I hope will be easier on small errors.

I'm just asking as at Eurotunnel is a different Douniers setup and I hope will be easier on small errors.
UK exit point -- Portsmouth.

Documentation checked on Exit as if you arrive in France with result of no entry the Ferry or Tunnel must take you back at their cost which is why they check carefully.
Rechecked on French side.

They won't be. If any section is incorrect - Refused Boarding.
They run a tight timetable on the Shuttle .

Latest easing of Covid Test

If you‘re fully vaccinated​

If you’re planning to travel to France you should consult the French government guidance.

From 12 February 2022, fully vaccinated (see ‘Vaccination status’ below) travellers from the UK no longer need to present a negative PCR or antigen test result before travel.

Fully vaccinated travellers aged 12 and over must continue to provide:

• Proof of vaccination. Further details on what counts as being fully vaccinated can be found below
  • A sworn statement (déclaration sur l’honneur) self-certifying you’re not suffering from COVID-19 symptoms and haven’t been in contact with confirmed cases in the 14 days prior to travel.

Latest easing of Covid Test

If you‘re fully vaccinated​

If you’re planning to travel to France you should consult the French government guidance.

From 12 February 2022, fully vaccinated (see ‘Vaccination status’ below) travellers from the UK no longer need to present a negative PCR or antigen test result before travel.

Fully vaccinated travellers aged 12 and over must continue to provide:

• Proof of vaccination. Further details on what counts as being fully vaccinated can be found below
  • A sworn statement (déclaration sur l’honneur) self-certifying you’re not suffering from COVID-19 symptoms and haven’t been in contact with confirmed cases in the 14 days prior to travel.
Just to clarify, I think the above advice is the UKs taken from the FCO website, and covers the UKs position that you don’t need to take a test to fly. For entry to France, my understanding is that you do need to present a negative test….

“A negative PCR or antigen test taken less than 48 hours old is required, except for arrivals from a Member State of the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, the Holy See or Switzerland.”

But, please correct me if I’m wrong. We travel on Friday, and got the lateral flow tests ready to take.