Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Free Nights Cornwall.....

BerndRos

BerndRos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Thinking I need a couple of nights of sleeping like a bum....to remind me of how basic and fun the Cali life can be........

Any views on likely safe free or low cost overnight park ups or car parks near Padstow and Rock.....

Any thoughts Matt........

Car parks do get quite restricted in Summer.

I'd try Constantine; no restrictions near the beach (past the hotel) or one of the laybys on the coast road between Mawgan Porth and Padstow.

The grandparents have a few acres in Rock we camp in; if you have no luck, I could ask them.

Thanks Matt......have been back for a year now running my business....but my mind is still a wandering.....!

BerndRos said:
Thanks Matt......have been back for a year now running my business....but my mind is still a wandering.....!

I fear we will catch that after our month away!

A yearning to be in the Cali meandering through unspoilt pretty places.....the freedom the Cali life gives is fab ......

Last edited:
BerndRos said:
You will.....

I meandered all over Spain and Portugal in the winter/spring of 2011.....zig zagged and cris crossed all over parking up here and there as I pleased.......

Did you write a blog or anything? Would make interesting reading!

Our adventurousness (?!) will be limited by two young kids but its still very exciting!

Yes I did a detailed travel blog...alas was not openly published.......friends n family only.......

BerndRos said:
Yes I did a detailed travel blog...alas was not openly published.......friends n family only.......

We wrote a diary (before blogs!) of our five month honeymoon in Oz and NZ in 1999/2000; quite funny looking back at it now!

BerndRos said:
Thinking I need a couple of nights of sleeping like a bum....to remind me of how basic and fun the Cali life can be........

Any views on likely safe free or low cost overnight park ups or car parks near Padstow and Rock.....

Any thoughts Matt........

If you are not looking for a carpark per say, I remember spotting a good location along the road between Porthcothan and Trenance (B3276). The lay by was just out of Trenance with a great view over the field and sea. You can use google streetview to check out the road and options.

New Polzeath (North side of Polzeath) is also free and unrestricted - just get there early to get a sea view! I doubt it will be for long though.

We're in the process of buying the hotel/bar there (raising money, etc) which is interesting...!

Parked for the night at Trevone Bay car park next to the surf shop....£4 for the night and told to leave by 10am to avoid day time charge..... and clean toilets on site..

Fantastic views.......

Tintagel tonight...several car parks where you can pay £3.50 overnight....

Popular as about a dozen Campers and MHs.....here for the night.....

Back