Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

French Drama! ...Granny in trouble ....

Wow, fantastic to read this. just really glad yr ok, your posts brighten my evenings.

Goodness!! Do you seriously imagine that I would allow a mere bloke with a gun to spoil my wine?:shocked

Take them off the streets and thanks to Albert, silently bearing witness, they are looking at 25 years in the Bastille!!

Starring:
View attachment 9220

Albert the silent witness...

and featuring

View attachment 9224

Granny apprehended!!:shocked:shocked

View attachment 9225

Granny carted off to the slammer!:shocked
A quiet side street in a sleepy French town. Hordes of my family staying in a gite.

Stood outside in the road talking to my nephew and showing him Albert's latest war wound, a badly scraped mirror cap from being led down a less than 2 metre wide street ...

Around the corner comes two blokes, running. Being a runner myself I was about to joke "not joining them, too hot", when next around the corner comes a car, screeches to a halt, one bloke with a scarf wrapped "Lawrence of Arabia" style around his head, leaps out and starts chasing the two blokes.

We notice the gun, then just as the first bloke running nearly bumps into me so we hear the first shot, and I am sure something warm parted my hair. The second shot is fired as my nephew drags me into the gite, the third as he holds the door whilst I lock it.

Dragging the family in from pool and terrace, all doors and windows locked and bolted, an anxious wait until half the nation's gendarmerie arrive on the scene. Big sighs of relief all round, a glass of wine to steady slightly shaken nerves, watching all the activity, white-overalled SOC officers scouring the street, police bristling with every type of firearm ... and a dink of a light in my head.

Albert's dashcam was still running. The whole lot had been caught on candid camera. End of story was a trip down to Brigade headquarters to emerge three hours later after giving a statement to the most delighted police officers that I have ever seen. They had totally clear video of everything from start to finish.

The downside: They still have my dashcam :(

The upside is though that I have to go back to collect it :D
There once was a Granny called Jen,
Who went over the channel again.
She filmed all the robbers,
Then charmed all the coppers,
Who kept her camera hostage to see her again!

There once was a Granny called Jen,
Who went over the channel again.
She filmed all the robbers,
Then charmed all the coppers,
Who kept her camera hostage to see her again!

My kids laughed when they saw the pic
of granny being taken to le nick
but when the cops saw the video so fine
they poured granny a very large wine
and brought the bad guys in pretty quick

All well done with flair as usual Jen. Trust you to have it all recorded (and the vino on the ready) I was recently in Rioja and went to a Bodega recommended by a Spanish friend. The wonderful elderly owner sells a really decent boxed red - 15 litres for 20 euros. Unbelievable and I love good wine but this tastes great, body and flavour.

Starring:
View attachment 9220

Albert the silent witness...

and featuring

View attachment 9224

Granny apprehended!!:shocked:shocked

View attachment 9225

Granny carted off to the slammer!:shocked
A quiet side street in a sleepy French town. Hordes of my family staying in a gite.

Stood outside in the road talking to my nephew and showing him Albert's latest war wound, a badly scraped mirror cap from being led down a less than 2 metre wide street ...

Around the corner comes two blokes, running. Being a runner myself I was about to joke "not joining them, too hot", when next around the corner comes a car, screeches to a halt, one bloke with a scarf wrapped "Lawrence of Arabia" style around his head, leaps out and starts chasing the two blokes.

We notice the gun, then just as the first bloke running nearly bumps into me so we hear the first shot, and I am sure something warm parted my hair. The second shot is fired as my nephew drags me into the gite, the third as he holds the door whilst I lock it.

Dragging the family in from pool and terrace, all doors and windows locked and bolted, an anxious wait until half the nation's gendarmerie arrive on the scene. Big sighs of relief all round, a glass of wine to steady slightly shaken nerves, watching all the activity, white-overalled SOC officers scouring the street, police bristling with every type of firearm ... and a dink of a light in my head.

Albert's dashcam was still running. The whole lot had been caught on candid camera. End of story was a trip down to Brigade headquarters to emerge three hours later after giving a statement to the most delighted police officers that I have ever seen. They had totally clear video of everything from start to finish.

The downside: They still have my dashcam :(

The upside is though that I have to go back to collect it :D

All well done with flair as usual Jen. Trust you to have it all recorded (and the vino on the ready) I was recently in Rioja and went to a Bodega recommended by a Spanish friend. The wonderful elderly owner sells a really decent boxed red - 15 litres for 20 euros. Unbelievable and I love good wine but this tastes great, body and flavour.

I really must join you one day aileen, I am in The pay de LOire in a month.

Gosh, what an interesting life you lead.
All I can report is that the next door neighbours goats got out last week.

:eek: Good story, very well told.

Glad you are ok.

We're just back from 2k miles trip France & Spain, over 1month. Cali performed beautifully. But :) glad to be home, even if it is lashing rain and cold here.

Glad you're unhurt. sounds like France is the new wild west!

Thank you x

I always feel safe in France, far safer than almost anywhere else. It was a bit hair-raising .... literally

Sorry I did not want to be inpolite/rude "against" France or the French️
However I thought about buying one of the nextbase cams as well - but first I have to get a clue how things are handled in Switzerland with this cams

I am sure no one would be offended by your remarks.

Switzerland and Austria have privacy laws that could see you landed with a hefty fine if you capture images of people or number plates with a dash cam. I would love to know what you find out as I will be going to Switzerland next year and have a habit of forgetting about things attached to my windscreen.

Switzerland and Austria have privacy laws that could see you landed with a hefty fine if you capture images of people or number plates with a dash cam. I would love to know what you find out as I will be going to Switzerland next year and have a habit of forgetting about things attached to my windscreen.

Thank you GrannyJen.

Found this on the German Cali Board:

http://m.srf.ch/konsum/services/interaktiv/espresso-aha/dashcams-im-auto-so-sieht-es-rechtlich-aus

In fact it is 2 years old and at that point of time there were no experiences with the insurances and the law/court. 1 point is that the judge decide if it can be used as evidence and 2nd point is that there is a small thin line between sightseeing films and observing specific things/people.

I do have a kid in my classes and his father is a police officer and he might have an idea how it is at the moment. I'll ask him after the summer holidays.

Thank you GrannyJen.

Found this on the German Cali Board:

http://m.srf.ch/konsum/services/interaktiv/espresso-aha/dashcams-im-auto-so-sieht-es-rechtlich-aus

In fact it is 2 years old and at that point of time there were no experiences with the insurances and the law/court. 1 point is that the judge decide if it can be used as evidence and 2nd point is that there is a small thin line between sightseeing films and observing specific things/people.

I do have a kid in my classes and his father is a police officer and he might have an idea how it is at the moment. I'll ask him after the summer holidays.

So the newest info or discussion is on in Switzerland about the dashcams:
http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/schweiz...n-von-Dashcams-und-Helmkameras/story/10270166

As mentioned before it is legal to put one on your front window however it is not permitted to put the videos on some social media.
And the point is still to discussed what is about the privacy law... so that's for now.

maybe a extra thread about dash cam and law will help to find information for each country?