Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fresh order: question about roof rails

D

dctrl

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi all,
I am new to California campers (and campers in general), I just ordered a T6.1 150ps DSG 4motion Ocean (which you can not choose when creating account for this forum).
This will be my only vehicle: swapping a '15 E-class on airsuspension with occasional rooftoptent for it... (hope the ride will not be too 'van'ish).
A newly configured vehicle does not arrive before summer 2021, but october-november 2021... (mainland EU)
I do have time, but that is a bit too much. So I ordered an already-coming california dealers order as stock, without having the possibility to choose every exact option I wanted. In that case, the vehicle is to pick up in april or may 2021...

Looking at the long list of optional and standard equipment, one code (with no explanation) took my attention in a bad way: 6LO. Decoding that results in 'without C-rail'.
Now I am curious without what C-rail that is, as I need the roof rails for occasionally long-ladder transport (<50kg). Do they make/ship a California without the roof c-rails? (EU deliveries).
The option code 'without C-rail' could point to the 3rd seat rail, as 4motion models do not have them.
On the other hand, a code T3C is also mentioned: when decoding it should be a '2.3L 5cyl petrol engine'. I wish!

Do you experienced Cali owners have experience with retrofitting options? Company Kufatech offers a lot of that, especially for T6.1 as it has an allnew infrastructure. Many options are just a sensor or 2 and a coding key. One must-have option for me is side-assist, I have to retrofit that. Another much-wanted option I will not have is a sliding window in the sliding door, not that easy to retrofit.
I also wanted to ask to experiences with fitting 4corner VB airsuspension? Anyone has some thoughts about that? Does it really transform the car's suspension handling? (See before: coming from E-class Airsuspension and nappa leather!).

Many thanks to all!

Hiya,
Thw C-rail is at the top of the side of the van, above the doors. It is used mostly for awnings either fitted wind-out or slide-in types.
It is still possible to get roof bars for your California roof.

Regards

JOG

Hiya,
Thw C-rail is at the top of the side of the van, above the doors. It is used mostly for awnings either fitted wind-out or slide-in types.
It is still possible to get roof bars for your California roof.

Regards

JOG
Thank you!
I saw even without roof bars, there is option to mount them afterwards.

Back