Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge and tap not working

M

Mike DS

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
The fridge and tap appear to be no longer working on our T5 Cali.
The fridge snowflake comes on briefly then goes off. The tap doesn't do anything. No sound of a pump, nothing.
Has anyone had any similar issues?
Any pointers would be much appreciated.
I am reasonably competent with a mutimeter but not very familiar with the Cali.

Mike

Hi and welcome on your first post.

Do the two issues came up at exact the same time ?

Have you read some earlyer posts on these problems as the watertap failing to work have been a common thing.

The fridge not working can be more tricky to find solution.
Start checking fuses , reset control panel , try on hook-up .

BTW should be no problem as it seems you got a T6 on order reading under your avatar....?

Hi, Thankyou for the reply.
Unfortunately there is no T6 on order (I wish!). That was an error in my profile. Now sorted.
I have looked through some of the threads and there are a few suggestions for independant problems. I just thought it might be worth trying to find out if they were linked. The battery seems fine. Both problems happen when hooked up too. I cant be sure that they both started at the same time as I only noticed when we we went for the first overnight trip of the year.

If they are linked , hard to tell .
The watertap not running can be the tap or the pump....
Both are known they can fail , the tap has a electric switch in it ....did you check the wire under the sink , there is a connection that can come lose .
I myself had a broken pump in the tank when my 2012 SE was only few months .
Pump replaced under warrenty.

Fridge , looking at your now update verhicle info , 2006 ...ten years .
Can be electrical on the fridge ( thermostat ) , cooling fluide , or controlpanel ...complicated

Before you start to delve into the wiring, do check the fuses under the passenger seat. All the camping power is routed via here.

In theory you are able to see if one has blown, but in practice I have never been able to see the broken link in the plastic. So it may be necessary pull them all out individually to check them. I don't know which one does the fridge but this one is for the tap.

Alan

Attachments

• Tap Fuse.pdf
    170.2 KB · Views: 41
I have checked the fuses and they seem fine. One thing I have noticed is that when I try the tap the display shows a current draw of approx 5A.

I have checked the fuses and they seem fine. One thing I have noticed is that when I try the tap the display shows a current draw of approx 5A.
If you seeing current draw but no sound of the pump running it could be jammed.

If you seeing current draw but no sound of the pump running it could be jammed.

Yep , your pump is stuck almost sure i would think also.

Hi Mike,

You may have already received this question so appoligies in advance. We have exactly the same problem with the fridge and sometimes the tap. Did you fix the fridge. Ours comes on for about 2 seconds then switches off. Can anyone help me I need cold beer:Nailbiting