Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tap not working

Old Sid

Old Sid

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi. My sink tap isn’t working. If I by-pass it, the water pumps as it should so clearly a fault in the pump. Is this a common problem? Has anyone found a way to cure it without a 4 hour round trip to a dealer?

More like a fault with the tap

Club shop sells the pump and the tap, pump is about a 30 minute job

Our tap stopped working (T6 2016) - pump was ok. Dealer replaced tap as mico switch failed - there appear's to have been a few tap failures on 2016 van so wonder if a duff batch.

Our tap stopped working (T6 2016) - pump was ok. Dealer replaced tap as mico switch failed - there appear's to have been a few tap failures on 2016 van so wonder if a duff batch.

I agree that it is the tap that is at fault as I have tested it electrically. A bit more investigation revealed that the unit becomes warm if left switched on.
Our van is a 2016 so that fits with a faulty batch theory and, hopefully, a van centre is likely to be aware of the problem and supply and fit without keeping the van for a whole day. It appears to be a sealed unit so getting a bit of switch cleaner in is unlikely to be viable.

Mine failed recently and was easily repaired with a piece of the wife’s nail emery board on the switch contacts. If you do a search on the forum there is a full explanation. If not let me know and I will explain fully.

Mine failed recently and was easily repaired with a piece of the wife’s nail emery board on the switch contacts. If you do a search on the forum there is a full explanation. If not let me know and I will explain fully.
Aha, this is what I was hoping for. Many thanks.

If you do a search on the forum there is a full explanation. If not let me know and I will explain fully.
Okay, I’ve done a search of the forum and found some references to the repair of the tap but I have not found any explanations as to how to dismantle it or locate the micro-switch. I’d be very grateful for any info or links. :) Do I need to remove the tap assembly from the sink or is it accessible from above?

I am no expert but I found photos of what to do and I did this:
Lift the tap lever to fully open so it is vertical.
Pull off the handle you have just raised ( I started it off with a screwdriver).
The micro switch is now available.
I had trouble seeing where to clean but by operating the little switch by my finger I was able to understand why I needed to raise the tap and how the contact worked.
I obtained a bit of emery paper by tearing it from my wife’s nail file and folded it in half so I could clean two sides at once and rubbed it between the two contacts.
The switch worked as soon as I Removed the emery paper. ( it surprised me as water shot everywhere because the tap is now on. At this point it becomes even more obvious how the switch works. I was still able to operate it by using my finger so held it open till I was able to put the handle back in place and turn it off again.

So the only difficult part was realising that I was raising the lever before removal thus closing the contacts. This means to clean them you use your finger to open the switch for cleaning and once it is working put back the lever in the same position as removal.

Glad to help. I don't wear reading glasses, but I should and seeing the little contacts was a devil for me as I am obviously blinder than I think. Lol

Glad to help. I don't wear reading glasses, but I should and seeing the little contacts was a devil for me as I am obviously blinder than I think. Lol
Yeah, I found it difficult too but I'm so pleased to have fixed it. Thanks again.

Just had the same thing thanks for your help bit fiddly but fixed