Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge/Hob Mat. Perfect fit £2.50!

S

Smalls74

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi there,

I was looking for some protection for the glass worktop that covers the fridge/hob.

I bought an Addis Delux Sink Mat from B&M Home Stores. £2.50.

I placed it the the fridge and was amazed that it was a perfect fit height wise. And it sticks to the glass when you open up the worktop.
So I bought a few more.

Two side by side cover the hob as shown in the photos.

The fridge I used one and cut the other to fit.
Cheap but very effective and looks ok.
Get yourself to B&M if you want a pretty much made to measure worktop protector.
All the best,
Smalls.

3E99C9AE-1FE1-4087-B8AB-8699F02A699D.jpeg

86436D13-FE12-4769-9CAE-B7BC172F17CB.jpeg

ADBCF7FF-D08D-484E-A555-12C20619B003.jpeg

Great idea, will have a look when I'm in B&M.
I use 2 of these:-
They stay in place even when we're on the move, and create a draining board when washing up.

We bought a smaller one from TK Maxx a few years ago, it's been great. Really pleased you're found a good cheap source.

Slightly related, I had an hour to spare and a bit of random wood lying around. Really pleased with the result!
20200823_200646.jpg

Slightly related, I had an hour to spare and a bit of random wood lying around. Really pleased with the result!
View attachment 64919
Wow, that does look very nice.
I’ll have to try and manufacture something similar myself.
I might not post a picture of my effort though!

Wow, that does look very nice.
I’ll have to try and manufacture something similar myself.
I might not post a picture of my effort though!
Thanks, yes I was pleasantly surprised. My "design" is great in that it's quite big, but I have to remove one of the burner wire racks. About to head off on our first adventure with it, I think it'll be fine but if we want 2 burners a lot I might chop it down to suit.
I have a jigsaw and a sander - both invaluable plus I made one out of cardboard before I started. Apart from that, it's just sanded and a bit of cooking oil to make it look nice, and I suppose to seal it a bit. All nice lockdown distractions.

I use one of those in the bottom of the fridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back