Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cooking Bacon

CaliforniaBen

CaliforniaBen

VIP Member
this morning whilst cooking a bacon butty on the hob it started to spit a little, we turned down the heat and covered the pan but it was too late, it had spat all over the blind behind the worktop glass, no idea how it got past the glass but it did. result is 6 stains that can't be removed, my fault totally as I should of had the blinds up but still crazy these are not wipe clean. Just thought I would pass on this warning.

I have only cooked bacon once in Albert.....

it took three weeks to get rid of the smell.

It took another three weeks for me to lose the weight that the ever-present reminder of a bacon sandwich caused me to put on! :sad

this morning whilst cooking a bacon butty on the hob it started to spit a little, we turned down the heat and covered the pan but it was too late, it had spat all over the blind behind the worktop glass, no idea how it got past the glass but it did. result is 6 stains that can't be removed, my fault totally as I should of had the blinds up but still crazy these are not wipe clean. Just thought I would pass on this warning.
Have you tried Autoglym Interior Shampoo. From Halfords or similar and eBay.

Febreze works for the smell of bacon. Use the van. If I cook I always pop the roof and unzip some vents and never have a problem with smells.

Grease Spots, Halfords upholstery cleaner spray and Green Top Cillit Bang on plastic or glass.

To would recommend autoglym interior shampoo spray and the foam versions. Both very good at removing stubborn stains also leave quite a nice smell. If smell is too much try autoglym auto fresh , nice clean smell. Get them at halfords when they have the three for two offer on. We often cook bacon in the van, up to press have used a small non stick pan with glass lid only £3.49 from b&m bargains. Although have just bought (but not used yet) a ridge monkey xl pan from Amazon should be even better

Check out this video
a full cooked breakfast . MMmm what else can someone cook in a ridgemonkey?

Morrisons anti bacterial wipes also very good at removing grease marks. I did Scotchguard the seats when new so maybe this has helped. Just brought a couple of Spray cans on eBay.

Back