Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge Options

R

Rhubarb

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi,
I’ve got a 3 seater bench Beach and my thoughts have turned to getting a fridge.

From the research I’ve done I believe I need a compressor one as they are (a) quieter in use and (b) more efficient in terms of electric usage ‘off grid’. Is this correct ?

From what I’ve seen the Dometic CFX range it the gold standard but you pay top dollar for it. If I get a different (and cheaper) brand like Alpicool what am I losing out on ?

Can anyone give me an opinion on what I need and why ?
Anyone seen good deals recently on new ones ? Or has anyone got a used one that’s up for sale ?

Any thoughts / help appreciated.

You can try used Dometic on eBay, but be aware that they sometimes suffer from thermistor issue. It's easy to spot, fridge turns showing -30C and then showing error 1.

I've got CF26 that suffers from this issue from time to time, but after a few hours can work flawlessly for months. And when it's working, it's great little fridge.

Older series CDF sold on Amazon fluctuate in prices and can be cheap sometimes. Depends on what size you want. I went for CF 26, because it fits behind the seat in my other car.

Back