Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge repair

A

ajdowson

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi can anyone recommend anywhere in the UK than can repair an original Electrolux 1140 fridge from a 1991 T4 westfalia?

I'm happy to remove it and ship it in UK if that helps.

Cheers

Haven’t had the need to use them myself yet but I believe @sidepod has used penguinfrigo.co.uk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confirm. I've used them a couple of times. They know these units. Easiest to take it out and ship it.
Be aware, fridge comes out from below, no need to remove the lid.;)

Many thanks - I'll see if I can get it removed and down to them.

Hi can anyone recommend anywhere in the UK than can repair an original Electrolux 1140 fridge from a 1991 T4 westfalia?

I'm happy to remove it and ship it in UK if that helps.

Cheers
What's wrong with the fridge? Does it run but not cool or not run at all?

Connecting/"shorting" the temp sensor connector "T" and "C" on the pump circuit used to make the compressor start up and it would cool down (which ended up as a workaround for the last year or so and delayed me fixing it properly as effectively it worked in a way that was fine for our short trips), but this no longer does anything. Instead the controller makes a faint noise for 3-4 secs when connecting connectors T & C then nothing. The fuse inside the controller is intact and the fridge has power. On the Westfalia control panel when turning on the fridge the snowflake symbol flashes to indicate a fridge problem (which it has done since it first had a problem).

Back