Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front armrests

T

tardis

Problems ! Problems !
Have just discovered that the front driver seat armrest does not support a 15 stone driver climbing out of upper sleeping area !
Any suggestions about relocating arm into socket ?
Thanks
Tardis

Yours or the Calis

Hi Tardis,

Sorry I can`t help with your repair. I was told quite explicitly when I bought my first cali, that under no circumstances should I use the armrest to get in or out of the upper bed. Regrettably you have found this out to your cost but it might be a good time to remind others not to do it.

I sincerely hope that an easy fix is available to you !!

Best wishes. Bob

I am 85 kilos and always been climbing there on the armrest, stepping as close as possible to the articulation point. But after reading this topic, I thing I need to find another way up. Dismantling the chair must be a nightmare.

Andresz,

I was told to step on to the seat, grip the edge of the bed and the front ledge and step on to the top of the seat (next to the headrest), then lever upwards and put my backside on the edge of the bed and swivel in.

There are probably other ways to approach this including the small telecopic ladders - it might be interesting to hear the alternatives. Small children of course can just be thrown in with a comic and a bar of chocolate (RSPCC note).

Bob

brother10 said:
Andresz,

I was told to step on to the seat, grip the edge of the bed and the front ledge and step on to the top of the seat (next to the headrest), then lever upwards and put my backside on the edge of the bed and swivel in.

There are probably other ways to approach this including the small telecopic ladders - it might be interesting to hear the alternatives. Small children of course can just be thrown in with a comic and a bar of chocolate (RSPCC note).

Bob

Bob
I think it is a little bit more acrobatic in my Polyroof version, since there is much less overhead room..
Andrzej

Bob I don't think you are supposed to step on the seat backs either. It's all covered in the manual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back