Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuse location for part electric sliding door

P

PeterMVR

Hi,

Has anyone had problems with the electric engaging motor on the otherwise manual sliding door? Mine has malfunctioned and hense, although the door will slide shut and is lockable, it dosnt engage properly leaving a visible gap to the outside. I've checked all the fuses in both the lower dashboard area and under the passenger seat (none visable under the driver seat) without any luck. That said the manual seems to indicate a fuse for the sliding door in the under passenger seat array but i couldnt locate this particular fuse. Might anyone know where the fuse for the door motor is exactly? Any other suggestions or advice would of course be much appreciated.
Many thanks,
Peter

Fuses in Calis are a nightmare since the layout and designations seemed to have changed from month to month (sight exag, but only slight).
Go to your dealer and ask him to print out the details for yours.
The print out could be 30 pages long and only a few pages will apply to you so it's not quite as complicated as it appears.
Some dealers charge, some don't.

Bon chance ...

Many thanks for the advice Barry.I'll be seeing my dealer tomorrow so i'll ask him for the print out then. Hope it'll lead to a solution. Thanks again.

Can you remember what the fix was for your "ajar" side door? Thanks

Can you remember what the fix was for your "ajar" side door? Thanks
I'd be interested too, but that is an old post ... ours stops working about once a day, but works again normally after it has been slammed shut ...

Hi motacyclist, is yours electric closing? Ours used to be! Then intermittent - then just ajar!
We know where to find pcb? But don't fully know how to remove back right internal panel to get to it...

Hi motacyclist, is yours electric closing? Ours used to be! Then intermittent - then just ajar!
We know where to find pcb? But don't fully know how to remove back right internal panel to get to it...
It's just the last bit of the closing that is electric, I don't really know why they bother to complicate it with the electric motor, just something to go wrong. 9 times out of 10 it works, then it won't and you have to give it a good slam, then it works again ....