Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front Assist - Odd behavior!

In slow moving traffic, if you approach the rear of a slower moving vehicle too quickly it goes off. It can also go off if someone unexpectedly pulls out in front of you. Annoyingly it can also go off when someone in front of you is turning left, and you have already judged it safe to narrow the gap and keep moving.
Maybe I should be reassured mine hasn’t gone off. The ACC works so the sensor must be ok

When I tested a Q7 two years ago before buying mine, it was equipped with such system. Sure enough on the test drive it went off 2-3 times, scared me off, every time bracing preparing to get rear ended. Sure enough I didn't order it on mine, it just have a warning signal now, no braking on the Q7.
When I ordered the Cali I thought I get a better system : 17" brakes, keep adequate distance from vehicle in front, eyes on the road, no use of Smartphone unless via AppConnect to answer calls. No posting on the forum, facebook, whatsapp, while at the wheel.

When I tested a Q7 two years ago before buying mine, it was equipped with such system. Sure enough on the test drive it went off 2-3 times, scared me off, every time bracing preparing to get rear ended. Sure enough I didn't order it on mine, it just have a warning signal now, no braking on the Q7.
When I ordered the Cali I thought I get a better system : 17" brakes, keep adequate distance from vehicle in front, eyes on the road, no use of Smartphone unless via AppConnect to answer calls. No posting on the forum, facebook, whatsapp, while at the wheel.
Common sense really.:)

I have seen reports of T6 van drivers having problems with ACC in wet and snowy conditions in that spray causes radar sensing errors and snow or sleet builds up on the sensor, I believe that the 6.1 has the sensor mounted higher to reduce the spray problem.

Driving at 62mph on the A3 approaching the A3(M) near Portsmouth, driving on adaptive cruise control, without obvious cause, three warning lights came on and a “no front assist” alert flashed up. The warning lights remained illuminated and I lost adaptive cruise control.

I had this between Xmas and New Year whilst on the M1. During a stop, I cleaned the sensor with a wet rag and it was fine, so I put it down to a build up of salt / spray.

Not happened since, and done around 1,500 miles or so I'd guess.

The problem I am talking about is with the new Touareg and Tiguan. It is a software problem that cannot be rectified at present. They have been waiting for a fix for the last 12 months.
I am now without a car that I’m paying a lot of money for. My insurers have said I will not be covered in the event of an accident. Also, if I switch the systems off I will not be covered

Back