Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front blind ‘handle’

Trollhunter

Trollhunter

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Any ideas where I can find a replacement ‘handle’ for the front window blind? The small arm that holds it on place has snapped off (see pic). 2005 T5.
B7132712-0084-49DA-AB88-8B72477BCA2D.jpeg

If you go to VW they will offer you a new blind completely, at the complete price.

Take some very strong superglue (not the watery type), or 2 component glue and glue it back in place. There is not that much force on that handle. Just be carefull.

If you go to VW they will offer you a new blind completely, at the complete price.

Take some very strong superglue (not the watery type), or 2 component glue and glue it back in place. There is not that much force on that handle. Just be carefull.
Thanks, think I will go for the superglue option then :) lost the Tiny piece that fell off, but thinking i can glue a straight piece of plastic across the back. Just tried with one piece but used too much glue so it was too wide to fit back in the hole, time for attempt 2!

Lol.

Maybe there is a possibility, if you unhook the top and/or bottom stop on the bar (make sure someone holds the blind) you could slide off the bar and look on the inside if you can see what you are doing when putting the handle back? Have not tried, but the blind definately slides in the handle.
Don't know if any of the scrapyards would have a broken down California for spare parts?

But California’s don’t break down!

No, but there is a slight chance that one gets involved in an accident?
[/QUOTE
But then it will be rebuilt or stripped of all the Cali parts and sold online,
i don't think that you could walk into a breakers yard and find a Cali with
all the bits still on it.