Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front seats sleeping options

B

benico

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi.
Looking for options for creating a sleeping space in the front cab using the front seats. Would be for a 8yr old and was hoping to avoid the bunk option which rests on the door trim.
ideally would be an inflatable one - but the only ones I can find are the generic ones for back seat in cars. Does anybody know where I could find one bespoke to the t5/6? Ta

I don't believe any exist specifically for the T5/T6. I can tell you though that we used an inflatable matrass over the front seats for quite a while and it worked perfectly. It had raised edges which made sure you'd stay on it and if you placed it in the seats -before- inflating it, it would get stuck perfectly between the backrests and the steering wheel, closing off the entire cab, making it into a comfy bed. We did always put a box under it, between the seats for support, but that wasnt really necessary. Only disadvantage was that you didnt turn around the passenger seat.

zwerfcampers.nl used to sell them, but they seem to be offline; you can make something simular yourself, no doubt

bed.JPG

We’ve got one of those. It works v well. Obviously it rests on door tops but ours uses foam insulation to protect the door tops. We used to sleep in the roof, our 3 yr old in the cab bunk and baby in the boot. It meant my wife could get up in the night and feed the baby on the unused bench seat.
An eight yr old would easily fit.

Hi.
Looking for options for creating a sleeping space in the front cab using the front seats. Would be for a 8yr old and was hoping to avoid the bunk option which rests on the door trim.
ideally would be an inflatable one - but the only ones I can find are the generic ones for back seat in cars. Does anybody know where I could find one bespoke to the t5/6? Ta
I don't know if this would fit a RHD?

Looking at that I think you could knock one up for a right hand drive.
Piece of plywood, straps and memory foam should do the job. Cost about a third of the price.
Only problem is where to store it?

Nice use of existing accessories but is that the loo holding it up?
The loo is being used to give added support but will use alternative supports when camping. The loo was to hand when taking the photo posted

The loo is being used to give added support but will use alternative supports when camping. The loo was to hand when taking the photo posted
Also the cushion has 3mm thick plywood inserted inside the cover to give it some added stiffness

I've seen the blow up cab beds on ebay, they look like a possible option.

Back