Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front springs 'shifting'

does anyone know what the difference is between the 1 2 or 3 grey paint stripes on the springs ? is it the strength ?
My T6 2019 Ocean, standard, has two marks.
View attachment 128880
Yeah mine too. Struggling to source any same. An ebay seller has some but says they will come with 1 2 or 3 grey paint marks

Found these and they have 3 grey paint marks on the rears

Screenshot_20240911_153610_Facebook.jpg

does anyone know what the difference is between the 1 2 or 3 grey paint stripes on the springs ? is it the strength ?

Yeah mine too. Struggling to source any same. An ebay seller has some but says they will come with 1 2 or 3 grey paint marks
Any use?

Mine had 4 pink dots. Replaced them for 2 white dots. That were the next (higher strength) step above the factory ones. They are indeed a bit heavier, so the back is a little bit higher now.

Mine had 4 pink dots. Replaced them for 2 white dots. That were the next (higher strength) step above the factory ones. They are indeed a bit heavier, so the back is a little bit higher now.
Is 3 white dots weaker or stronger? Did you get them from vw?

Any use?

Clear as mud

Is 3 white dots weaker or stronger? Did you get them from vw?
I did get them from VW. I could go for heavier springs, but then they weren't rated as normal suspension, but heavy. And then the PR numbers stated it with other dampers.
I think it was rated for 20kg more than the standard 4x pink dots. Per spring.

I did get them from VW. I could go for heavier springs, but then they weren't rated as normal suspension, but heavy. And then the PR numbers stated it with other dampers.
I think it was rated for 20kg more than the standard 4x pink dots. Per spring.
It's a nightmare. I can get 1 paint stripe springs or 3 paint stripe springs. They will fit. But what's the difference? Got no paint stripes at min

It's a nightmare. I can get 1 paint stripe springs or 3 paint stripe springs. They will fit. But what's the difference? Got no paint stripes at min

Every coil must have at least 1 mark in a colour.
Mine were 4x pink = 7H5 511 115 L
PR codes: 1BA + 0YC, 2MF + 0YC
1BA = Suspension/dampers, standard
0YC = weight class 3, rear axle - 1129 - 1159kg
2MF = standard suspension/shock absorbtion

I went to 1BA + 0YD, 2MF + 0YD
0YD = weight class 4, rear axle - 1160 - 1215kg

The next step would have been PR code 1BB.
1BB = suspension/shock absorbtion for heavy-duty version

But I was afraid for those heavy-duty coils to interfere with the standard shock absorption/dampers.

It is possible that you can't see the paint mark on your springs just like that. They can be dirty, or turned somewhere you can't really see. The best way would be on a lift, or on a jack with the wheels removed.

I changed mine because of this:
IMG_20211005_073741.jpg
IMG_20211005_073750.jpg
IMG_20211005_073803.jpg
IMG_20211005_073812.jpg

theres no marks on my springs at all. they have been changed once when one broke. i kept the unbroken one and it has 2 grey paint marks. i'm struggling to source some the same, looks like a lot of converted vans go for the 3 grey paint marks. so assume these are stiffer than the 2 paint marks ?

Here's my original remaining rear spring. It is indeed 2 white marks. Not grey. Struggling to source any. Facebook marketplace has some but they aren't responding. Does anyone know if the 3 grey marks are the same as they seem easier to come by from t32s

20240917_180905.jpg

I have a set of VW springs from a 2018 Ocean, when I asked the dealer to fit the 30mm lowering springs before I collected it. So, only delivery mileage and been in my garage ever since. They won't fit my current T6.1 so I don't need to keep them as spares anymore. If you are interested then let me know, I am in Cornwall.

20240910_114201.jpg

20240910_114140.jpg

20240910_114129.jpg

I have a set of VW springs from a 2018 Ocean, when I asked the dealer to fit the 30mm lowering springs before I collected it. So, only delivery mileage and been in my garage ever since. They won't fit my current T6.1 so I don't need to keep them as spares anymore. If you are interested then let me know, I am in Cornwall.

View attachment 129149

View attachment 129150

View attachment 129151
thats great thanks. different markings again on the rears . the markings on my front springs are the same as yours. don't suppose yer going to slimbridge ?

thats great thanks. different markings again on the rears . the markings on my front springs are the same as yours. don't suppose yer going to slimbridge ?
No, not Slimbridge but I will be going to South Cave in November, if you can wait that long?

Yes nice one. No rush. Just need to get it in the air and replace the rubber mounts. The aftermarket springs are chewing through them. I'll let you know in the meantime of I source any others. I'm near sth cave. In thorne

Back