Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ftting Bosch Aerotwin blades

Tom Rae

Tom Rae

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
My 2009 T5 has conventional hook type wiper arms and I would like to fit Bosch Aerotwins but they seem to have a side fitting. Is it necessary to change the arms or does someone do a conversion kit?

Interesting, the one listed for my T5 is A 939S, it is listed on the pack however it came without and additional fittings and this led me to believe it may require different arms?

I have Aero Twins on my Ranger and it has hook type arms the blades fit fine so you must be able to get them for a Cali.

I think I will have to look for 24" ones with a hook fitting, they do seem to be available. Thanks.

I've just bought Heyner wiper blades. £23 for all three delivered. Very happy with them. I used to always buy Bosch, but don't think I'll be going back to Bosch now,

Interesting, the one listed for my T5 is A 939S, it is listed on the pack however it came without and additional fittings and this led me to believe it may require different arms?
Seem to recall a similar part number problem a few years back when trying to get ones for a LR discovery 4.
I think that they do a universal fitting one as well as vehicle specific ones.
Also remember buying some cheaper brand which broke off at the arm attaching point one frosty morning, brittle plastic.

I have discovered the problem. What I ordered was a replacement blade which presumed I had the correct arms whereas I should have ordered a retrofit blade Bosch AR 24 U which fits on the existing u shaped arms. The vendor was also unaware of this but they did accept my return. I think I will now go and have a quiet lie down but first, thanks for your help!.

Back