Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New wiper blades for T6.1

chockswahay

chockswahay

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
There are many wiper blade threads on here but so many seem (to me anyway) a little confusing so having having just fitted new ones today I thought this might help anyone in the same boat.

I ordered the blades online at Euro Car Parts using my van reg…… Bosch came up and I bought the Aerotwin blades for front and back. Fitting was really quick and easy (press release tab, slide out…… that’s it!) and now I have smear free squeak free wipers for half the price that VW wanted on the recent service:thumb

IMG_0944.jpeg

There are many wiper blade threads on here but so many seem (to me anyway) a little confusing so having having just fitted new ones today I thought this might help anyone in the same boat.

I ordered the blades online at Euro Car Parts using my van reg…… Bosch came up and I bought the Aerotwin blades for front and back. Fitting was really quick and easy (press release tab, slide out…… that’s it!) and now I have smear free squeak free wipers for half the price that VW wanted on the recent service:thumb

View attachment 118476
I'm fitting exactly those tomorrow

I fitted a pair of them a few weeks ago.!00% better than the original vw blades that came with my van

I’ve fitted this brand and model to all of our cars whatever marque - VW, Volvo, BMW, Audi, Merc, as do our son and daughter now too. They’re better than the ‘original parts‘. There’s nothing worse than a partly cleared windscreen. However we’ve noticed that even with the AeroTwin blades, the passenger side (left side) doesn’t clear as well as the driver side.

View attachment 118476
Thank you for this. Drivers side had been annoying me for months but didn’t want to spend a fortune. Amazon kindly delivered yesterday, easy fit and the Cali was a different drive today with these wipers with the downpour!

Been using these for over 12 months still like new

I’ve fitted this brand and model to all of our cars whatever marque - VW, Volvo, BMW, Audi, Merc, as do our son and daughter now too. They’re better than the ‘original parts‘. There’s nothing worse than a partly cleared windscreen. However we’ve noticed that even with the AeroTwin blades, the passenger side (left side) doesn’t clear as well as the driver side.

I am on my second pair of these, have exactly the same thing with the passenger side (I have LHD) not clearing as well, not enough to bother me but not great either.....

How often do people usually change them? I have mine (be original) for almost 2 years and I was wondering if they started to perform less well

How often do people usually change them? I have mine (be original) for almost 2 years and I was wondering if they started to perform less well
You can generally tell by deterioration in the wipe eg poor or lots of smearing. Just replaced mine for this reason at 2 years old. Interestingly I noticed my original VW set had a small stamp with a ‘use by date’ which was exactly 2 years from manufacture.

Back