Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fun with awnings

IanE

IanE

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
3equgy5e.jpg

Hope I've managed to upload a pic - which shows a (for us) novel way of using a drive away awning - first winding out the fixed awning and then attaching the Kyham Classic. It worked a treat for us for the last couple of days, providing a sheltered area between the drive away and the van :)

Its a well known trick. Works even better if you get the sun canopy sides :thumb gives you so much more space ;)

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
Its a well known trick. Works even better if you get the sun canopy sides :thumb gives you so much more space ;)

Looks like you've got plenty of room, although in some places you would not be able to get all that on your pitch. One of the reasons why I was happy with the Beach and no electrical hook up (EHU) is you end up with plenty of choice.

I spent a few weeks camping around South Island in NZ last year and quickly realised that the best pitches away from everybody else, space, quiet and with the best views involved having no EHU and you get to choose your spot!

Andy

Am I right in thinking that you cannot deploy the legs if you are using it in this way though - I couldnt figure out doing both with using the strip connected under the flap too?

We were able to use the legs, you need them to support the awning.

Browsing through some pics on my phone earlier and I found a pic of one of Oli's vans.

IMG_1428.JPG

Stu said:
Browsing through some pics on my phone earlier and I found a pic of one of Oli's vans.

Aaaaaaah the memories, Hockenheimring, German Grand Prix 2014 :thumb

Back