Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Game changers for the Cali. What are yours?

A couple of elastic bands on the security straps for the pop top…….. keeps them out of the way when sliding the tambour back into place (am I the only one who thinks it’s a bit of grief?)
View attachment 96189
You are right! They are a grief when closing the tambour. Good idea and I'll imitate you right away :cool:

A couple of elastic bands on the security straps for the pop top…….. keeps them out of the way when sliding the tambour back into place (am I the only one who thinks it’s a bit of grief?)
View attachment 96189
It’s the little things, mine catch the tambour hatch 8 times out of 10 when closing. No major issues but nice not to happen !

I may copy this with black shock cord. :cheers

Our Quechua base seconds tent takes minutes to put up & take down once you’ve got the knack. Easy/quick to drive from campsite for trips ,chucking bed etc into the tent. Invaluable .
Don’t understand why Decathlon/quechua stopped making them.

View attachment 95323
When its raining ,we roll out the awning a bit over front lip of the tent ,so we can step into it. Great changing room ,storage area & extra sitting area.
It’s been re invented as the Cinch Hub, totally agree as to how quick/easy/useful it is.

That’s a cracking idea - they are currently a pain!

View attachment 96189
I thought it was a good idea, and I tried today. Unfortunately this makes it very difficult to lock the locking mechanism. Or do you do it another way?

I thought it was a good idea, and I tried today. Unfortunately this makes it very difficult to lock the locking mechanism. Or do you do it another way?
I’m not sure I understand you, I just lower the strap down then secure the lock….. does this photo help?

31E87BA5-3BA4-4941-9F09-A99FBA2349C3.jpeg

Sony stereo with Apple CarPlay, Siri and Waze. For our T5 this was an amazing change. Our 2008 VW now works like a 2022 Apple product when on the move.
What is the model number for the Sony headunit? ☺️

Sony stereo with Apple CarPlay, Siri and Waze. For our T5 this was an amazing change. Our 2008 VW now works like a 2022 Apple product when on the move.
Which model did you have installed and assume here in the UK? Could I ask how much it was to get and have installed? Thanks

Which model did you have installed and assume here in the UK? Could I ask how much it was to get and have installed? Thanks
D7681478-369C-4171-B262-FC995B836259.jpeg
It cost the same again to install with DAB aerial and microphone by the rear view mirror. I think the fitter provided the aerial. Everything else came with the stereo I think. Fits 2008 T5 very well. Looks neat.

View attachment 97863
It cost the same again to install with DAB aerial and microphone by the rear view mirror. I think the fitter provided the aerial. Everything else came with the stereo I think. Fits 2008 T5 very well. Looks neat.
Brilliant thank you, I’ve just bought a 2013 “63” plate Ocean 140 SE …. And looking at upgrading the console by someone down here near Bournemouth Dorset

Bin. Made from an adblue container.

Fire perfectly between the front seats

EC0D8698-4430-44FF-BC68-07F62C0E89AA.jpeg

08AF92DE-8280-4B0A-AD6A-B4AC75D0F068.jpeg

Last edited:
We keep a couple of these lap trays in the left hand cupboard.............(They are a tight fit)

Better than others we found elsewhere due to the underside having wipeable vinyl type material to encase the beanbag filling.

Handy when you don't want to pull the table out, or if the occupants of the bench seat want the table to themselves and those in the reversed front seats are also eating.
Even use them when we pull over at services for a quick food stop and don't want to rotate the seats.
Adds stability for eating / drinking. So quick and easy to use. And Cali grey too !

Back