Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The new order is in, now the wait...

CampervanTime

CampervanTime

VIP Member
Vehicle
Westy Sven Hedin
Morning everyone

Well the deal is done and we are moving from our 2018 T6 204 Ocean to order a new T6.1 Ocean, 204 4Motion.

We’ve decided to sell ours now and then have the wait for the delivery of our new one (Mar/Apr expected), which means we’ll be vanless for a little while.

That will feel very strange as our Cali really has been part of the family and it is such a do-all vehicle.

Our new spec will be

204 DSG 4Motion Ocean
Indium Grey
Strawberry Red roof bellows
ArtVelours leather/alcantara (look) interior
Heated windscreen
Removable towbar
17“ Woodstock wheels + all weather tyres 235 Width
80L fuel tank
wood effect floor
High beam assist
Kitchen with shower attachment

This really is our ultimate spec, so we’re very excited as we did make a few compromises on the first one to hit a certain price point.

We’ve ordered with Listers Coventry who have been very helpful and have always given us great service with our existing van too.

Now the wait!!

Morning everyone

Well the deal is done and we are moving from our 2018 T6 204 Ocean to order a new T6.1 Ocean, 204 4Motion.

We’ve decided to sell ours now and then have the wait for the delivery of our new one (Mar/Apr expected), which means we’ll be vanless for a little while.

That will feel very strange as our Cali really has been part of the family and it is such a do-all vehicle.

Our new spec will be

204 DSG 4Motion Ocean
Indium Grey
Strawberry Red roof bellows
ArtVelours leather/alcantara (look) interior
Heated windscreen
Removable towbar
17“ Woodstock wheels + all weather tyres 235 Width
80L fuel tank
wood effect floor
High beam assist
Kitchen with shower attachment

This really is our ultimate spec, so we’re very excited as we did make a few compromises on the first one to hit a certain price point.

We’ve ordered with Listers Coventry who have been very helpful and have always given us great service with our existing van too.

Now the wait!!
That was quick! You got your T6 the same time as we did and we‘re still settling in! Is it the compromises on the first one that have pushed you to change or were you always planning to?

Interesting question! Well we have ticked over 20k miles in ours now and weren't really thinking about changing to be honest, all going well. It has been at Coventry over the last week or two for some warranty stuff and I got talking to the sales team there.

I had no idea quite how good the residuals were and what value they'd p/x for it, and then couple that with excellent discount on a new one, lower APR % and higher GFV on the PCP and we'll be paying less for the new van than we are paying now, for our 'no compromise' spec.

We've been delighted with our T6 and in some ways we still think it is superior to the T6.1 (dash quality, front door card quality/materials etc). We prefer the interior cupboard design of the T6 too, but in all other respects we prefer the T6.1 I think.

We're looking forward to the new springs in the upper bed and the tilting downstairs bed board, that will be nice.

Digital dashboard and updated satnav will make it feel more modern but isn't revolutionary for us. The 4motion will be fantastic though. We really have always felt that our T6 needed it, especially when driving in busy places, in the wet, trying to get on to roundabouts and out of junctions quickly. I test drove a 4motion 199 combi and it was incredible. Floor it and go, although I have visions of crockery smashing if I do that in a Cali!!!

I presume yours is all good and you're enjoying it?

Interesting question! Well we have ticked over 20k miles in ours now and weren't really thinking about changing to be honest, all going well. It has been at Coventry over the last week or two for some warranty stuff and I got talking to the sales team there.

I had no idea quite how good the residuals were and what value they'd p/x for it, and then couple that with excellent discount on a new one, lower APR % and higher GFV on the PCP and we'll be paying less for the new van than we are paying now, for our 'no compromise' spec.

We've been delighted with our T6 and in some ways we still think it is superior to the T6.1 (dash quality, front door card quality/materials etc). We prefer the interior cupboard design of the T6 too, but in all other respects we prefer the T6.1 I think.

We're looking forward to the new springs in the upper bed and the tilting downstairs bed board, that will be nice.

Digital dashboard and updated satnav will make it feel more modern but isn't revolutionary for us. The 4motion will be fantastic though. We really have always felt that our T6 needed it, especially when driving in busy places, in the wet, trying to get on to roundabouts and out of junctions quickly. I test drove a 4motion 199 combi and it was incredible. Floor it and go, although I have visions of crockery smashing if I do that in a Cali!!!

I presume yours is all good and you're enjoying it?
Ah that explains it... but I wish you hadn’t as it’s got me thinking now! I wouldn’t have even thought of it as an option as we’ve got no probs with ours. We’ve totally loved ours and used it loads - On about 22k miles. It’s our only car and absolutely no regrets about it or the fair few things we’ve bought for it!
The odd thing has needed sorting and it’s going back in to the dealer to have a diesel heater problem sorted again - it stopped working in feb, which made for a very cold stay in Dorset, it went in and they had to replace a couple of parts on long lead times from Germany. The next time we came to use it it wasn’t working again and it seems to be the same part on yet another long back-order time from Germany. So slightly concerned that there’s a root cause that’s not been found yet.

Sounds like you need an upgrade LOL!

In all seriousness, I am happy to share privately with you what our deal looks like and share some other useful contacts I made when considering our change if you are interested.

As they say a good deal is when both parties smile, enjoy 4Motion I love it.

Back