Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Games to keep in the Cali

Annik

Annik

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Thought it would be a good idea to build up a list of games and board games to keep in the Cali that are nice and compact to store and easily fit on the table, our favourite in Bananagrams

Just some binoculars will keep me busy , and when the sun is gone ....sleepytime

Just some binoculars will keep me busy , and when the sun is gone ....sleepytime
Now I have a picture of you lying in the roof bed poking the binoculars through a partially opened window. We've got a word for that ........:talktothehand

We take a few card games, one is called Set, another UNO, there are some others which I will double check the names of.

Our 9yo always wins at Set, I came close to beating him once.

Always have a pack of cards in there but I find I never use them.

For bigger gatherings I have a party style game called Werewolves of Miller Hollow. Needs 8 or more people to play but good fun and involves nothing beyond the need to talk. Its always in the glove box, its basically a version of murder in the dark.

Playing cards and dominoes are with us on all trips, regimental rummy and Fives 'n' Three dominoes.

Swish (card game) and word around are two more

My parents speak very highly of a game called Sequence in their caravan with a beer or a glass of wine. I've never played it mind you.

A game called FunEmployed is also very good fun. Its a simple card game. One person interviews and the others respond to an imaginary job interview. There are no boards or tokens only some cards that you have to incorporate into your answers. Best (funniest interview) wins and it can be hilarious. A very social game.

When we bought our van, as we agreed we would have a complete TV ban, we decided to use any spare late nights due to foul weather etc to start teaching ourselves the oriental game 'Go'.
Have to confess, we've become pretty addicted...not sure we're anywhere near the master standard yet though. Plus, given the confines of a cali and the duration of each game, I strongly recommend the magnetic version :cool:

This is a great thread, I keep thinking of more.

If you want outside games we sometimes take a game called Kubb with us. It is a kind of viking game from 1000 years ago, a mix between chess and throwing things. Great fun. Does take up quite a bit of space mind you.

Last edited:
We are not massive board game players, but "Owzthat" Cricket game is surprisingly fun and most importantly small - probably getting confused faces from non-British members.

When its just the two of us we like to play hide and seek - the long nights just fly by

We take a few card games, one is called Set, another UNO, there are some others which I will double check the names of.

Our 9yo always wins at Set, I came close to beating him once.
Great game our son beats us too...

My parents speak very highly of a game called Sequence in their caravan with a beer or a glass of wine. I've never played it mind you.

A game called FunEmployed is also very good fun. Its a simple card game. One person interviews and the others respond to an imaginary job interview. There are no boards or tokens only some cards that you have to incorporate into your answers. Best (funniest interview) wins and it can be hilarious. A very social game.
Sequence is another great game. Relatively simple but quite sneeky as you learn it.

We are not massive board game players, but "Owzthat" Cricket game is surprisingly fun and most importantly small - probably getting confused faces from non-British members.
I'll have a look for this one... Himself has a birthday coming up...