Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Games to keep in the Cali

Lets just say we like playing board games and card games. We always have 6 or 7 different ones with us. Here's some favourites for us (including a teenager)
Monopoly card game (2 versions, both good)
Flux Monty Python card game. Great fun. Lots of opportunities for Pythonesque silliness...
Ziggity. Simple but none the worse for that. Good for young children too.
Saboteur. Simple and fun. Dwarves need to find the gold, one is a secret saboteur.
No thanks. Try not to get all the high cards. Complete mystery to me but everyone else seems to enjoy it...
(Hobbit) love letter card game. Current favourite. Fits in a pocket. Chance and strategy. Great fun.

Travel Settlers of the Catan. The one we play most when aboard...
Quirkle. Bit like "SET" but not as fast paced. Makes it easier to beat the teenager as he gets distracted as it's slower.
Travel ticket to ride. Make a train route across Europe. Great fun. Love it.
Blokkus 2 person. Travel version for 2. Lots of fun.
Ingeneous travel version.
Rummikub travel

To name but a few...
Of course there's strip poker. The key to winning this is to sneekily put on 3 pairs of sox and extra tshirts and layers before you start playing....:mute

Hive pocket edition is nice, doubble six dominos, Carcassonne, yatzy, UNO, standard deck of cards gives you plenty of options. All of them are pretty kid-friendly too.

So many games to pick from...

We love scrabble but the box is quite big so think we’re gonna get Bananagrams soon.

Some one mentioned kubb, that’s fun but takes up space. Boule, for the kids, and one of those hook-n-loop ball sets you throw and play catch with, works at the beach too.

Last edited:
Pack of Cards
Dominoes
Mapominoes

Family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids aged 12 & 7). We bring
- Rummikub
- dominoes
- travel Boggle
- a deck of cards
- chess / draughts board & pieces
We also have Nintendo 3ds each - 4 player Mario Kart on a rainy night is brilliant!

I can personally recommend the game called Dobble comes in a bright yellow tin, 5 different ways to play, easy for young kids to play as its just images. More difficult for the adults after a few drinks. They do a younger version but the original is fine for kids from 3 upwards.

Hope this helps! I used to own a toy shop and sold 100 of these in one day just by demonstrating the game!!

Slack line. It’s amazing how quickly you can learn.

What are you watching?

I like watching people with caravans putting hundreds of pegs in huge awnings.

Even better when it's raining :D

Or, watching them manipulating huge satellite dishes for hours and then giving up becasue it's now bedtime.
Or watching people try to pack up a pop up tent.

Hive pocket edition is nice, doubble six dominos, Carcassonne, yatzy, UNO, standard deck of cards gives you plenty of options. All of them are pretty kid-friendly too.

So many games to pick from...

We love scrabble but the box is quite big so think we’re gonna get Bananagrams soon.

Some one mentioned kubb, that’s fun but takes up space. Boule, for the kids, and one of those hook-n-loop ball sets you throw and play catch with, works at the beach too.
I do have a Kubb set, a great game, although one of our dogs loves to fetch the sticks making it hard to play with him around :D