Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gap insurance from dealer

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Did anyone get offered gap insurance from their dealership when buying new recently? I wasn’t and it surprised me.

No, hey have stopped offering it.
Our insurer effectively offers it for the first three years as part of our insurance.

Most fully comp insurance is usually new for old for the first year or longer. No real need for it while that is in place. I think my LV one is for the first year.

Thanks guys. It’s not that I wanted it. My dealer told me that it had been withdrawn, but I was wondering if it had been withdrawn from them, or withdrawn more generally.
I’m also with LV :)

Withdrawn more generally.....haven't been offered it for years.

".......The FCA also found that some firms were ‘paying out 70% of the value of insurance premiums in commission to parties involved in selling GAP policies’."

It was banned from sale by dealera a few months ago. Now, only independent companies are selling it. So,nif you really wanted to buy it, it's still possible.
When I was signing some docs for Audi, they sent me by accident list od commission payments for GAP. Commission was around 70% of GAP price.

Most only offer 1st year who you with?
OK I double checked in case i had this wrong. 36 months. It will be replaced with a NEW one. That might be a bit tricky since they have stopped making them. We did have to tell them the list price of the van before any dealer discount and they insisted on a tracker.

Also, the GAP I took out on my JAG was a bit of a con. I wasn't covered outside of the UK. I certainly am with this policy.

We took out a policy with Comfort.