Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gareth in Australia waiting for van and freedom

G

Gags

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach 199
Ordered a green California Beach in Sydney. Won’t get it until next year but at the moment we’re still in lockdown. Had a mark 2 VW camper van 20 years ago so very excited about getting the 6.1. Lots of travel plans brewing.

Congratulations Gareth! Good luck on the long hard wait ;-) But at least you got time to think about what accessoires you'll want while surviving lockdown and all the waiting..

Ordered a green California Beach in Sydney. Won’t get it until next year but at the moment we’re still in lockdown. Had a mark 2 VW camper van 20 years ago so very excited about getting the 6.1. Lots of travel plans brewing.
Well done! Is the 3 zone climate standard on a Beach? I guess you’ll need that in Aus?! Look forward to hearing about your travels. Can you get a boat to NZ easily?

When you get the chance travel up to Alice then on up to Darwin then round the coast head west and on down To Perth. I love the massive open spaces of Australia. Miss them loads. One day I’ll be back. At least you have a reliable van.

A California is the best option for exploring the blue mountains. Great part of the world. Enjoy it when it arrives. I thought you guys all bought Japanese four wheel drives and camping trailers.

When you get the chance travel up to Alice then on up to Darwin then round the coast head west and on down To Perth. I love the massive open spaces of Australia. Miss them loads. One day I’ll be back. At least you have a reliable van.
Thanks for the inspiration. Amazing landscape it will be waiting for you.

A California is the best option for exploring the blue mountains. Great part of the world. Enjoy it when it arrives. I thought you guys all bought Japanese four wheel drives and camping trailers.
Camper trailers are good - but the freedom of a van is perfect.

Welcome to the group and congratulations on your purchase. I fear that if your government continues on a 0 Covid agenda then you are going to spend the rest of your life in and out of lock downs and that you will never get to really enjoy your Beach. Is it true that Sky News has been banned on YouTube in OZ?

Welcome to the group and congratulations on your purchase. I fear that if your government continues on a 0 Covid agenda then you are going to spend the rest of your life in and out of lock downs and that you will never get to really enjoy your Beach. Is it true that Sky News has been banned on YouTube in OZ?
Thanks. Yes very mixed views here. Generally going gangbusters on vaccinating to get to UK levels so hopefully we can begin to come out of our cocoons. I’ve let Gov know I’m expecting the California so they can sort themselves out!

The VW Combi has been number 1 choice for over half a century in OZ. Toyota Land Cruiser Number 2. Things move on but the love of the VW Camper endures...

Well done! Is the 3 zone climate standard on a Beach? I guess you’ll need that in Aus?! Look forward to hearing about your travels. Can you get a boat to NZ easily?

It’s Climatronic (it’s grease lightning). Not sure about 3 zone. Couldn’t see options for anything else but by all accounts pretty good. I think the heater will be useful because winters are nice around NSW but chilly at night.

NZ is a long way from Aus - Icelandish equivalent from south England. You can ship cars but expensive and maybe cheaper to hire if only for a few weeks, but for a month or two would be worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s Climatronic (it’s grease lightning). Not sure about 3 zone. Couldn’t see options for anything else but by all accounts pretty good. I think the heater will be useful because winters are nice around NSW but chilly at night.

NZ is a long way from Aus - Icelandish equivalent from south England. You can ship cars but expensive and maybe cheaper to hire if only for a few weeks, but for a month or two would be worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We had aircon and heating in our 1950s split screen, it was called a window....Open in the day close it at night..