Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Coast owner in South Wales

• Thread starter RobertCalifornia
  • Start date
Both. You also can get the ASCI ID card and Discount card.
The app is free and you pay a few £ for the data for the countries you visit.
Archies Camping is another totally free app. 32,000 campsites for EU and UK. Basic information for each site but includes contact info + website links and GPS coordinates all overplayed on Google maps. Very useful.
Thanks @WelshGas. Very helpful! Will get on and order the ASCI.

It might be worth persevering, every so often the odd one comes back in stock, well they did when I ordered in November, ones kept on popping up in stock (and then going out of stock very quickly) so I just kept checking everyday for about a month until the pattern I wanted became available and snapped it up.
Thank you

No such inhibitions in our household @AMH70! To be fair, we are in a small cul-de-sac with houses only on one side, where we know pretty much everyone, and there is quite a campervan-friendly vibe (no other Californias, but lots of Bongos and VW conversions).

It is on a hill though, so will need to try out the levelling function.
Sounds wonderful! Good luck

Both. You also can get the ASCI ID card and Discount card.
The app is free and you pay a few £ for the data for the countries you visit.
Archies Camping is another totally free app. 32,000 campsites for EU and UK. Basic information for each site but includes contact info + website links and GPS coordinates all overplayed on Google maps. Very useful.
4674BAFD-3887-46BE-92AC-BA415037C7AB.png
Archies is £2.99 now with bad reviews. You still recommend?

View attachment 73065
Archies is £2.99 now with bad reviews. You still recommend?
Have you read the reviews and when they were posted?
All the -tve reviews would have been solved if they had read the instructions.
It is a very basic app but shows all the campsites. Click on a site then the Search function on the data page shown and Google finds the website for the campsite, if it has one.
The Archies website also has POI downloads for various SatNavs as well.
Used it all over Scandinavia as there are fewer ASCI sites up there.

Thanks @SusiBus.
That’s what my wife would prefer but I’m worried about getting nice bedding muddy.

In fact, my number one issue so far is how we handle muddy shoes (mostly kids, but also adults). Do people have special shoes for wearing in the van? And if so, where do you store dirty shoes? There’s no way my kids can be relied upon to clean their shoes adequately before getting inside.
I haven't tried it yet for obvious reasons but I plan on using the £20.00 toilet tent from the club shop to put muddy boots etc in. Clean pair of trainers or slippers in the van.

Have you read the reviews and when they were posted?
All the -tve reviews would have been solved if they had read the instructions.
It is a very basic app but shows all the campsites. Click on a site then the Search function on the data page shown and Google finds the website for the campsite, if it has one.
The Archies website also has POI downloads for various SatNavs as well.
Used it all over Scandinavia as there are fewer ASCI sites up there.

I’ll give it a go, thanks

I haven't tried it yet for obvious reasons but I plan on using the £20.00 toilet tent from the club shop to put muddy boots etc in. Clean pair of trainers or slippers in the van.
Good idea. I’ll check that out.

nice color; we chose an ascot grey coast (delivery March-April). Have fun with it.
We visited Wales in 2018 and thought this was one of the most beautiful regions we visited; we didn't go to the south (furthest we were then: Aberystwyth) but we will certainly visit the south too.
Greetings

Might help somebody we picked up this coverless duvet in Costco it was only £25. They have 3 colours in double size loads still available in my local as I was in yesterday.

They only have 10.5 tog though and I would say it’s very warm after trying in the house so may have to find another option for the summer. It washes/dries quickly and packs down quite small. Be aware though it’s not cotton and you would need to make sure u like the feel of it.

View attachment 73006
After many months of lurking on this forum (what a great way to kill time in Lockdown!), our new Coast arrived today. We’ve kept it pretty basic (mattress topper, Bay Leaf Green paint, towbar prep and bike rack) and can’t wait to start using it (today our First Minister raised the prospect of tourism opening up at Easter, so here’s hoping!).

The kids are as excited about it as I am, and can’t wait to sleep in the roof. They’ve christened it ‘Baby Yoder Shrek Robert California’ (based on the colour of the first two, and a character in The Office (US), our pandemic feel-good staple, for the third). My wife is playing it cool (note the look of slight bemusement/disdain in the photo) and is making a show of not getting excited - she can’t understand how I have convinced her to spend so much cash on a van (our last one was a Bongo that cost less than the extras we have bought on this one!) nor why I have spent so much time on this forum!

For those looking to buy or in the process of waiting, we ordered back in September and after some yo-yoing with the build dates it actually arrived earlier than the dealer predicted.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing their wisdom and experience. I’ve lost count of the decisions made, the mistakes avoided, and the money saved based on my research on here!
Llantwit major is a nice part of the world, stayed at happy jakes campsite a fair few years ago and the one in L/M too (can’t remember name now). Lovely place to explore, an ex of mine grew up there.

Llantwit major is a nice part of the world, stayed at happy jakes campsite a fair few years ago and the one in L/M too (can’t remember name now). Lovely place to explore, an ex of mine grew up there.

Never camped there but stayed at Llantwit Major castle - Atlantic college, on an outward bound type course 30 years ago! about 30 of us 19 - 20 years old. Gents were in the castle - we were up in one of the towers, ladies were in the 1970s accommodation blocks outside the castle walls.
Everything we learnt about climbing & abseiling during the day was put to use at night.

I have fond memories of that part of Wales.

Might help somebody we picked up this coverless duvet in Costco it was only £25. They have 3 colours in double size loads still available in my local as I was in yesterday.

They only have 10.5 tog though and I would say it’s very warm after trying in the house so may have to find another option for the summer. It washes/dries quickly and packs down quite small. Be aware though it’s not cotton and you would need to make sure u like the feel of it.
This is great! I ordered on Saturday direct from Fine Bedding and it was £45! Trying to cancel my order....

Please can I ask which Costco it was? Thank you.

Please can I ask which Costco it was? Thank you.
Edinburgh costco. We picked up ours in December so they've been in a while. Large box of both single and double still there at the weekend in pink, blue and grey. Only wish they had the 4.5tog as well!

Edinburgh costco. We picked up ours in December so they've been in a while. Large box of both single and double still there at the weekend in pink, blue and grey. Only wish they had the 4.5tog as well!
I called my local and they said £29.99. Maybe that includes the vat

Just checked receipt and we paid 29.99 inc vat in December. Maybe looked at the price for the single.