Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waiting for Camper Clive

C

Camper Clive

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello all,

After months of waiting for our T6 Ocean, we are at stage 38 (which I believe to mean he's waiting to be shipped to the UK). Having never bought a new car before, I had no idea it would take 4-5 months but hey ho, patience is a virtue as they say.

We have named our van Camper Clive, or Clive for short. He is a 2.0 TDI 204 DSG model in onyx white. We went with:
  • light and sensor package
  • comfort sleeping mat
  • heated windscreen and rear window
  • parking sensors and rear camera
  • awning plus tent adaptor
  • storage net (for the extra drawer! - thanks to a tip on this forum)
  • privacy glass
  • cruise control
  • composition media for app connect
  • electric side door
  • bike rack
We've bought a few bits and bobs in anticipation of the big day - many recommendations coming from this forum, so thanks to everyone for sharing their insights and experiences.

We - me, other half, two kids and a hairy labrador have lots of plans for Clive, including a rather monstrous trip down to Italy in the summer. Can't wait for that one. Until then, it's insurance research (urgh, but again, this forum has been super useful) and the slow wait to the big day....

Good times ahead ....afther the wait.
Hope you are counting in the heat ....travelling with the dog to Italy in the summer;)

Good times ahead ....afther the wait.
Hope you are counting in the heat ....travelling with the dog to Italy in the summer;)
Planning on doing a tour of dog-friendly beaches. If you know of any on the Italian Riviera, let me know! :)

Hello to you, the family and Clive...hopefully he'll be here before you know it. You're going to have so much fun and Italy sounds like a super trip :)

Welcome and look forward to some pics of Clive! Sounds like a great summer trip for all of you! Have fun planning it!

Good luck. The anticipation just makes the big grin on your face bigger and bigger. :D

Last edited:
@Camper Clive - may I ask what build week you were confirmed for? Just wondering - dare I hope my van was on the same ship? mine was week12... excited for you.

@Camper Clive - may I ask what build week you were confirmed for? Just wondering - dare I hope my van was on the same ship? mine was week12... excited for you.

We have had very little communication with our dealer and have never received any of this detailed information that others have received - we only ever receive an update when we email them! But reading between the lines, we believe it was being built at the beginning of March.

Fingers crossed yours will be here soon!

we will be looking out for your post confirming arrival of Camper Clive! best wishes for the final days of the waiting.

Camper Clive is being picked up tomorrow. There is much excitement in the house. First trip booked this weekend and one the weekend after and then off to France or Germany for a week. Hit the ground running I say!

enjoy your pick up day! (Ours is now in the UK, but delayed by transport - so near but so far)

enjoy your pick up day! (Ours is now in the UK, but delayed by transport - so near but so far)
I've found this period the most irritating! (Although forgetting quickly now we have a pick up date!!). Look forward to hearing how you get on.